further to previous events, a follow up

Posted , 2 users are following.

I did not realise that it was 5 months ago I had my stents fitted! Since then I was put on Sotalol a few months later as I did not fancy Amioderone and was due to try another DCCV now that cardiovascular disease had been treated. I had the DCCV and it did not work. So now back on  Bioprolol but a higher dose as they have reduced Digoxin with a view to stopping it. I still take Clopidogrel and Ramipril.

So now I have to decide what if anything to do next. Since the stents I feel as good as I did previous to that with a DCCV when I was in sinus for a couple of weeks. I have no pain and still don't fancy Amioderone. So only other my option is  are to stay as I am for now. It seems to me that even a further DCCV with Amioderone support would still end up ultimately in the same state I am now but having further health risks. Likewise with Ablations. I appreciate that for some people who are exhausted or in pain, these proceedures are worth the risk. But my present lack of discomfort but anxiety for any new drugs or proceedures does dictate staying put unless any other events occur.

What do the rest of you think?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Did your arrhymia start when you had the stents fitted and is it continuous? If it is continuous and DCCV hasn't worked then ablation would seem to be the only option. I understand that continuous arrhymia weakens the heart so is bad in the long run.
    • Posted

sorry marco I have not checked the site recently. AF became apparent after feeling exhausted and a visit to GP. Yes it is continuous and ablation has not been offered or indeed suggested as suitable. My next course would have been DCCV with amioderone support, which I do not want to do.  I have decided to call a halt for now. May be I should also mention that I suffer or can suffer from anxiety and OCD and mentally feel I can not tolerate any more at present. Thanks for your reply.
  • Posted

Further to previous discussion, when I saw the Arrhythmia Pharmacist Practioner at the hospital, I was told with the correct medication, that the heart condition should not deteriorate. A recent echocardiogram showed good LV function 55-60% EF. Rate control is with Bisoprolol and Digoxin, but hope to stop Digoxin and increase Bisoprolol if needed. I still need Ramipril for blood pressure and Clopidogrel for now (for a year after stents and then Aspirin instead) and of course Warfarin which is  a fairly low dose(2mg) as my INR is quite stable at 2-3.

However, my nerves and anxiety are all over the place with some OCD, so we are trying to deal with this at present. To add to worries I am now apparently borderline type 2 diabetic, so something else to deal with and worry about.

Take care all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.