Fused clitorus help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi can anyone advise if possible to reverse skin fusing in this area? If I use dermovate will this help? I have rawness, burning and dryness which all vary from day to day, week to week. I have no white patches or itch. I use coconut oil and lidocaine for relief. I wash with epiderm.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It's the most difficult area to bring back to a hunderd percent normal.  My experience is that it is a very slow process in that particular area, provided even that it want to return to its original state. Mine varies as well.

?I use dermovate in the tiniest amount, but no longer find that comfortable. I do dilation every other day to keep things streched.  I take hormone replacement.  And of course I keep a strict diet - no sugar, no alcohol, no gluten and limited dairy.  Plus my regular baking soda baths and baking soda rinses after every bathroom visit.  And after the rinse I apply a small amount of coconut oil to help keep the layers seperate. 

?Don't know what else I could possibly do. This area remains problematic.

• Posted

I am interested to know how successful you feel the strict diet is. I was diagnosed two months ago with LS and use Dermovate daily. However, I would say the condition of things now is probably worse than when I sought treatment. (I know - it might've been worse left untreated). Just as I think things are coming under control, I get a flare up with an ulcerated patch which is really painful. Then it improves again after a couple of days. After two months of this, I'm now experiencing burning pain in the general area and a "raw" feeling. Wondering if this is a reaction to the Dermovate and plan to avoid it for a day or two. Prior to starting on Dermovate I had never experienced the ulcerations. I've read lots of posts which helpful suggestions and will try some, but admit I'm feeling flat and discouraged about things ever improving. I don't even recognise the landscape "down there" - I feel my femininity is disappearing by the day. I know there are much worse conditions out there so try not to focus on it too much. Some days just get you down, I guess. So after this ramble, my main question is, what have you found to be triggers in your diet, if you have been able to identify any? 

• Posted

Can you tell me what the strict diet is, and has it worked for anyone so far. Like you I was diagnosed with vulva LS two/three months ago , I'm on HRT inserted with a pump and steriod, Clobetasol ointment, 0.05%once or twice a day.I believe the general feeling using steriods can be dangerous ihowever it seems its the only thing which can help cure? the problem.I've read lots of information on the subject tyring to find anything that is helpful. Any useful info from anybody would be gratefully received

• Posted

What helpt me for instance is a diet without added sugar, no gluten, limited dairy (cheese is a sure trigger) 

​I suggest to try to exclude one item at the time and see what happens.

• Posted

For many cutting seriously back on sugar intake has helped.

?I so understand that you feel less feminine. I've experienced the same.  Now that LS is more under control I have even got some new interest in dressing in a more feminine way than before. 

?At first a person can feel so lost and close to being depressed. As LS gradually became better to control I gradually stepped out of this state.

?I hope you will too. 

• Posted

Thanks Hanny. I'm glad to hear there may be some light at the end of this tunnel. Sometimes I think things are improving, and then I'm right back at square one again. Thought I might have to give up the glass of wine I enjoy at the end of the day - maybe that's a trigger. My gynae says diet doesn't directly affect the situation, but since they don't know what does, it won't hurt to eliminate a few things and see if it helps. Glad to hear you are getting to a better place with it all.

• Posted

The first while I found the hardest.  When things down below calmed down, I gradually started to feel better, mentally and physically that is.  A person needs to be diligent with those things that work.  I have omitted alcohol as well, seeing a link to sugar.  Overall - I suspect those food items that have been 'colored' as well.  Anything foreign that is added to food has become suspect with me.  I find it best to consume food that has not been manipulated in any way.  By omitting certain things in food my overal health has improved as well.  Perhaps as a result the body becomes stronger to resist a thing like LS. 

• Posted

Yes, perhaps. I am hoping so. I have been really diligent in my diet, having adopted a diet as close to "natural" and unprocessed as possible. It means cooking and preparing things in advance so that I don't succumb to impulse! However, at some get togethers and weekends it does all get too hard and I have the occasional lapse. At work they laugh at me for my constant stream of "healthy" soups and so on - if they only knew the real reason!!! I think my gynae scared me at the last visit when he said he "wasn't happy" about the progress, or lack of it. It hasn't been 3 months yet and from what I've read on these posts, it can ages to get under control. Thanks for taking an interest and your replies.

• Posted

My response disappeared - I was saying - you're most welcome.

?Now I better get to my baking soda bath.  I know it is important to keep all happy down below.  Same as the rinses after every bathroom visit.  If I slack for a couple of days, slight irritation will give the warning signs. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.