G.i. Dr Tuesday

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a 33 y/o male who has had bad Gerd for the last 10 years of my life for the last few months I've been having bad belly pain finally schedule a appointment with g.i and he's gonna want to do a colonoscopy I'm betting this week I'm real nervous to do this test I suffer from anxiety also so that don't help any advice would be great thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Eric,

Depending on where your abdominal pain is you may need an endoscopy. They give you a light anesthesia and place a tube with a little

camera on it. There they will check to see if you

having issues also be able to see if your Feed is causing any damage to your esophagus.

I would start with that first.

A lot of docs like to do both at the same time

If you are having other systems that you have not mentioned then maybe both are in order.

Best wishes that all goes well.

• Posted

I've had 3 uppers in the last 5 years they found nothing but minimal irritation now I'm having problems pooping tons of gas and it feels like someone is strangling my insides feel nausea everytime I eat food I've had enough suffering I need to get to the bottom of this and if they haven't found nothing up top 3 times then something down bottom gotta be causing it!

• Posted

I pray all goes well for you Eric.

Have they ever tested you for food allergies or Celiac disease ?

• Posted

I've been tested for all kinds of allergies I remember going 4-1 allergy test when they poke me a million times come watch the bumps rise up that's about it on top of the three endoscopy that I've had and came up with nothing so I don't know I think it's time to go up the other end exclamation point

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.