Gabapentin

Posted , 5 users are following.

How much Gabapentin to take for neuropathic pain in legs?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i take 3 x9 300mg for sfn small fibre neuropathy which is in my feet legs and toes 

your dr will start on a very low dose then max dose been on it over a year now 

• Posted

I've got the pain in the same areas. The legs get debilitating a day or two each week. Does the med cover the pain completely or 75%? My physician wants me to try Gabapentin again. I'm fearful about what it does with side effects and do you get less than alert?

• Posted

I used to take 1800mg a day split over 3 doses for neuropathic nerve pain from my spine down my legs. ( 600mg x3 times daily). You have to start off low and build up slowly each week , same if you come off, slowly. I took for about 5 years but decided to come off in end due to long term side effects I was suffering from and still am - similar to early onset alzheimers disease, not good in my experience.
    • Posted

Holly

did your dr start you off on 300mg per dose?, just wandering, lower dosages and taking at more often, may make the side effects less? I know you said you are off of it now, but when i tried to get off of it a yr or so ago, my old problems of migranes came back, so while it is not the miracle drug for the nurve pain, it has kept my bad headaches down, to only once and a while, where it was almost every day. 

• Posted

Shandon,

i am taking 4 X 300mg  a day, i sometimes take an extra pill in the afternoon, i somehow ended up a little ahead on my precp, so i have been trying a 5th pill a day, but i would agree with others start slow, because a smart Fr will start you on 1-2 piils a day of 300mg, that lets you see how it will affect your body, i only took one a day for probably 6mos, before we started going up. i seam to need to increase it one pill 300mg a year so far, i had several side effects on the first night, and i have done good since. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.