Gabapentin and receiving more positive results with drug.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been prescribed this drug several times and initially it was wonderful, until I had to increase the dose.  Or was it because I started to read up on the side effects.  I suffer from depression and take Sertraline and Semi sodium Depokate Valporate.  I know I need a pain killer like this as my pain is daily and so so bad it makes me more depressed.  Any positive outcomes out there please!!!!!!  Then maybe I wont be so scared to take this medication.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It's a funny drug and seems to work for some and not for others.  Whilst it worked for my burning mouth syndrome, I am convinced it has triggered new problems.  It's not for me but seems to be great for others.  

• Posted

Thanks for replying Maureen, so you too were okay until you increased the dose.  Same thing happened to me.  I was ok on the low dose, that stopped working so it was upped, then the nightmares began and bad days.  I have yet to hear of anyone with a positive story about this drug.  Thanks again and all the best with your pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.