gabapentin have ayone expereance being very cold and could not get warmd up

Posted , 3 users are following.

when i was taking gabapentin it would be about 1 week after I started it that I experenced extreme cold. Could not get warmed up. I was shaking so bad , has anybody else had this happen to them

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bonnie,

I did get the shakes. I am not sure if it was from being cold though. Sometimes the meds just made my nerves jump and gave me involuntary muscle spasms and involuntary body movements that would come out of nowhere. At times, I would shake so badly that I could not walk straight, I must have looked like I had MS.  At times, I stuttered when I tried to talk. This was made worse when I worried about it, if that makes any sense, like if I was under any extra stress to try to get something done in a certain amount of time and my physical state of shaking so badly was holding me back from accomplishing that goal. 

• Posted

My body is cold all the time now legs feet intake 9x3 a day I put extra clothes on and the heating but I'm still cold

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.