GAINED weight!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Yes, you read that right - I have actually gained 3lbs! I'm gutted.

I have been pretty good though not perfect admittedly thanks to giving in to temptation at a kid's party on Saturday & spending Sunday with the in-laws (2 meals cooked for me so no control over what I was given & how it was cooked) & the last couple of days the other half has been in charge as I've broken toe & can't stand for long.

Unlike previous attempts to lose weight I am not letting this upset me & give up. There are going to be bumps in the road & this is 1 such bump. Going to give it my all & hopefully lose 5lbs in the coming week to hit 2st in 8 weeks...bring it on!!!

You may find I'm posting a lot to keep my motivation going!

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Good, don't let it stress you! At least you can see where you slipped and why you've put on 😑 and enjoyed it 😉

Keep going we all weaken at times 😁

• Posted

I had to google what the heck "losing stones" meant. I figured it was weight loss but wondered if people were referring to gallstones or kidney stones?! I'm from the US.

• Posted

Yeah we weigh in pounds (lbs not £ ) and stone here! There are 14 pounds in 1 stone... and 1 stone = around 6.35kg smile

• Posted

you got this, its just a blip, we all suffer for the same totm, its vile, but think of the loss you have when your body flushes all that excess water out, well thats what im relying on this week lol
  • Posted

You've still done amazing cath, I'm expecting a gain I've ate loads this week dunno if it's totm but I've felt so hungry all the time

• Posted

Well Cath I weighted myself...and my first week on Orlistat... I gained 1.1 kg (2.4 lbs). Not sure how that is even possible considering I have been good, my tummy looks smaller (less bloating?), and I have been excercising etc...Not to mention I probably went to the toilet more times this week (and not oily accidents) then any other time in my life. 

Since it is week one i will put it down to my body adjusting and possibly the fact that my TOTM is due next week. 

Fingers crossed for week two.

• Posted

Is exercise new to you? as unfrtunately any new exercise performed will make your muscles retain water whilst they repair, this should even out within a couple weeks,

you also need to be trying to montior your calorie intake to make sure your not over eating on calories even though them pills do help, you have to do all the work.

keep going, i gained on my first week, it was a combination of the pills not fully intergrated in my body and my body was new to exercise

• Posted

No I have been exercising for years, and doing this particular program since October. 

I monitor my calories with a well known app (not sure if we are allowed to list it here). Input all my food and montinor calories and macros. 

I started these pills because after working for the last year and a half I recorded every work out, and everything I have eaten and ''I should be losing'' by all math and science and whatever...but I wasn't. So the doc said here try these and out I went. 

• Posted

That sounds like me! I track calories on mfp. But I use the tdee method so I don't eat exercise cals. Maybe your retaining water fir a reason either way keep persevering

• Posted

hi cath, i lost 1.5lbs this week, which was nice to see the sts last week from totm, wasnt realy was only water, i also managed to eat a dominos which meant i probably lost more weight than 1.5
    • Posted

Leah that's fantastic hub well done you - so happy for you xx

• Posted

so this weekend, being in great yarmouth my diet has took an awful turn, im not sure i can possibly claw back 3 days....
    • Posted

I know the feeling! I lost 2lbs this week - happy that I lost but disappointed not to take off all that I gained lol
    • Posted

thast a great loss carthy keep going, ive had a vile week, weihgh in is tomorrow, so whatever it says im drawing a line
    • Posted

Best thing Leah - weigh in, draw that line & put it behind you!

• Posted

i gained 4lbs cath, 4lbs!! after only 3 days off plan, its ridiculous, do you reckon thats normal or is that my thyroid coming into playy?
    • Posted

Leah I would think that 4 lbs over three days is more likely you have been eating high salt and high sugar which will make you retain water. No possibly way to eat that much food to gain 4 lbs of FAT in 3 days. ( I mean unless you are eating 3 large stuffed crust pizzas a night or something). More likely you have been having chinese buffets, or takeaways with a lot of salt and sugar which binds water molecules and makes you ''gain'' crazy amounts of weight. If you get back on plan within 2-3 days that 4 lbs will magically disappear again.

• Posted

Eh not sure what all the crap at the end was? Just auto added it to my post ha ha. 

• Posted

Hi hun. The thing is I would normally agree to that however I cane back off the weekend got straight back on plan Monday. So from Monday to now I've been good and still came in at 4lbs gain. I would have though any water I held would have gone by now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.