Gallbladder pain? Help?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all I've made an appointment at gp. But came across this group. I have been getting pain in my upper right liver area that comes and goes with pain in my upper back in between shoulders. Sometimes I wake up in the morning like this but it gets better as the day goes on and feels better after passing a stool. I've had this for a while but haven't really took notice of what triggers it. I get this around 2-3 times a week. The pain isn't severe but it's uncomfortable and worse when I breathe in. Anyone relate? Thanks. Karen

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen, the areas of pain you get sound very much similar to where I got pain but my pains were very random and very, very intense!! Luckily my attacks only lasted 30-40 mins every time but if they were to go on any longer I would deffo have needed to go to a and e for at least pain relief!

I had my gallbladder out on Monday and now have a grand selection of 100 stones which they kindly gave me 😝. Good luck with your GP - hope your pains don't get more intense!! Lisa x

• Posted

Oh sounds awful! My pain can be really intense sometimes randomly but funny what you learn to put up with eh? And other times its more of a dull pain. Glad to hear you are recovering!
  • Posted

Sounds like GB to me..  Get an Ultrasound and Hida scan. Jump on low fat.. I ent twith anything under like 10 G per serving..  Whas a bit wierd is mine always hurt more at night..  After meals..  Like 9:30- 11 pm.. and would last bout 3 hrs.. srated getting to be 5-6 hrs before it finally cameout
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice I will switch to low fat for the meantime.
  • Posted

You must be careful what you eat. Lots of foods can cause gallbladder attack.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply I do seem to get more bother after big meals I ate spaghetti bol with loads of pasta and I started to get the pains last night about an hour later.
    • Posted

I also recommend you to drink peppermint tea few times a day. It helped me when I had similar problems. And also avoid to drink or eat too hot or too cold. 
  • Posted

Karen, I have had this for the past six years. And by accident found that milk is irritating my gallbladder. I put myself on a lactose free diet also a low fat diet and the pain and feeling that I had a tennis ball in my side has gone away. I am awaiting results of an ultrasound scan for gallstones but now I do not think I have any. Wendy.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that Wendy. Sounds really similar to me. That tennis ball feeling. Hope the ultrasound turn out OK. Was us a constant feeling or did it come and go?
  • Posted

Hi Karen, I totally understand the pain between the shoulder blades. Pain is bad in the morning and starts to ease until I eat and then it gradually gets worse until its very painful when I go to bed. Mine started with severe pain in the night and then its was just uncomfortable but has steadily get worse and is all the time. When's your appointment with your GP? Mine was really good and got me in for an ultrasound and I only had to wait a few days. I don't have gallstones even though I'm in the female, fat and forty but I'm not fat. I think I've lost about a stone so far because I don't eat as much as I use too as I can't keep it down or the food is too rich and I vomit it back up. As my diet was good anyway for me its just a case of finding what will make it worse, but whatever I eat I always feel sick. This started in May, I've got another test tomorrow to check for Addisons to rule it out before I have an MRCP and if that comes back normal then my consultant wants to do a HIDA scan. I've already had a normal gastroscopy and CT scan.He's still convinced that its gallbladder related.

Its unusual that you say passing a stool eases it as that isn't generally gallbladder but then we're all different.  Let me know what your GP says, good luck.

• Posted

Hi there sorry to hear u have been through the mill. Sounds very similar to me. It's next week as I'm self employed and had to book a day when I've no clients. To be really honest I've been putting it off as I've had breast and ovarian cancer six years ago in my 30s so I've been scared to go to gp. In case it was bad news again xx

• Posted

Hi Karen, you must go to your GP. You've got through cancer which is a huge battle and shows a strength of character so don't be scared you need to find out. even though this is all very scary you've dealt with and got over something else that we all dread. This site is really go if you need support and it stops you feeling alone. Yes I understand with work I'm self employed too and its really difficult at times, I do manage most of it but I can't work a full day but I have to think that at some point it will get better and I can catch up with everything that I haven't been able to do because of the pain. The human body deals with alot its our brains that make it worse! Keep in touch. I'm only at the end of an email or a discussion if you need to talk.

• Posted

Hi Karen,

​Just to let you know the pain you are descrbing I have and am expericing the same.

​Only diffirence is I have had which the doctors said was causing this was my gall bladder and was removed 8-2-16.

​The same intense pain subsided for about a month I was so happy thought it was gone after suregry just to find out still there.

​So I am at  a lost my new doctor now says to have a chest x ray but if the same pain was there with a ultrasound pointing to gall bladder then what?

​I say this to you maybe ask your doctor to also do a chest xray as well.

​Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Deb

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.