gallbladder problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 26 on October 25 I found out I had gallstones. I'm having surgery to remove my gallbladder. Under my jaw neck (glands) hurt could it be related to my gallbladder? I have no fever.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I do not know about the pain in neck(glands). You need to speak to your Doctor.
  • Posted

Hi Kristen

Unfortunately when you have gall stones, the bile gets into your system and can cause havoc! I had allsorts of symptoms due to the infection and felt absolutely dreadful until I had the "alien removed" 3months ago!

Bile which can be dumped into your digestive system and enter you blood stream can cause loads of problems, really bad headaches, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain!

Am glad to say the all these symptoms have gone since surgery!

Still sticking to low fat diet and smaller portions so as not to produce too much bile

Very glad I had the operation though!!biggrin

• Posted

I haven't heard any one saying that was an issue. I would check with doctor it could be something else.

• Posted

I did she said it didn't. There was fluid behind my ears so she gave me allergy meds
    • Posted

Glad it wasn't anything more serious.  I hope you are feeling better real soon.
  • Posted

How are you doing?
    • Posted

I'm so scared and terrified of the surgery. I'm scared I won't wake up or something will happen. 
    • Posted

Kristen you will be fine. You have to trust your surgeon and the hospital. It was my first time under and i was scared but I did just fine. They put a mask on my face and had me breath and I didn't even feel sleeping. Next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery.
    • Posted

This will be my 3rd surgery. Whats got me so scared is all the stuff online I read about this gallbladder surgery and now I'm not sure I wanna go through with it but I know if I don't do it will get worse then better.
    • Posted

Kristen that is when you stop reading things on line. Just look at all the people posting they are fine. Yes you can have issues afterwards but take things one thing at a time.

Stop reading things that can go wrong. That is what I did. I found this site and it helped me get through everything. I know at four people who have had this surgery back when I was a kid, my mom, a few nureses who are friends, and my uncle a few years ago. They are all fine.

You need support and we are here for you. Just remember you have people waiting in the waiting room and its hard for them, easy for us since we are asleep.

Find a good uplifting book to read. Think positive thoughts.

Go through with the surgery with a positive outlook. Think of the less pain you will have after you recover.

Lori

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.