Gallbladder removal question

Posted , 7 users are following.

I know this is tmi, but I had My gallbladder out about a week and a half ago. The last two days I've been going to the bathroom & it burns when I poop & there is bright red blood. is this common ?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Kandace, you could have a hemmroid. I have never heard of this. If you contiue this, you will have to call your gastric doctor and get checked.Diarrhea is common after gb surgery, but rectal bleeding has to be checked! Keep me informed...
  • Posted

After having mine removed I had not expierenced blood in discharge.

Please call your doctor ASAP as a precaution for a check up.

Hope it's nothing and ur better soon. It's a tough surgery to get thru for some of us.

• Posted

As angela says, sounds like you've got haemorrhoids.  Bright red blood indicates that the bleed is from very near the anus rather than up in the duodenum.  If the blood was from the gallbladder/duodenum area it'd most likely look like black crude oil/tar.  Pain on passing motion also suggests haemorrhoids.  If you've been constipated (maybe as a result of your gallbladder or the meds from the operation) that could well have caused haemorrhoids to bleed.  If it was me, I'd make an appointment to see my GP and buy an over the counter preparation to relieve the piles from your pharmacy.
  • Posted

I agree with Tom, especially if you're straining to have a bowel movmement. (Not sure if this is the case, the continuous bile coming down may cause burning?) Any abdominal pain or nausea? History of hemmroids? Definitely put in a call to your physician today, since you have had such recent surgery. 
  • Posted

Bile does not cause burning. Don't believe anything you read (for the most part) go see your doc ;-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.