Gallstone flare up

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all, I am in the middle of a painful flare up. Have a water bottle to my stomach, taken 2x codine and 2x paracetamol 500g. I'm still in agony. Does anyone have any immediate remedies. This is worse than childbirth. What I don't get is I ate at 7pm yesterday and it decides to flare up from 5am this morning! I hate this!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

ello jojo, I don't think any meds seem to help. My husband is the same when theres a flare up he does the same as you with the hot bot but we found that codiene appeared to be a bit of an irritant. We tried to eat small but often of really easily digestible foods are you ok with soya, if so try the milk and custardy dessert that Alpro make, als try not to eat after 6pm so it can give your gall bladder a rest. Thats all I have found with this trial and error stuff. 

Hope all goes well.

• Posted

Bless you Jojo,

My daughter is having the same issues as you and she ends up in A&E as needs the stronger stuff, it settles & flares up again she is 3 weeks post op now and not any better.

I would say get to your Dr or A&E if it's not manageable for you.

• Posted

Oh no surgery not helped your daughter. I am desperate for the surgery but sad to think it might not be any better.

Hope your daughter feels better c

• Posted

Oh gosh no she was in desperate need of the galley coming out as it was only functioning at 16%, so it was bad.

But she has got issues blood infection and a build up of fluid. So having a rough time, but it should all settle soon :-)

• Posted

The only thing that helped me was a hot shower beating down on my ribs and back. Even morphine wouldn't kill the pain. Maybe fetanyl would but they don't dispense it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.