Gallstones

Posted , 40 users are following.

Does having gallstones cause bloating and abdominal weight gain along with chronic body pains? 

2 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

i didn't get bloating or put weight on . I had colic attacks violently sick continiously for about 5 hours unbearable pain as if your intestines are on fire and ribs broken. That was a stone trying to be passed. The rest of the time slight nausea , pain across ribs and really bad on right side and in right side of back. Felt like I had an ulcer gnawing away or a mouse gnawing under my right rib. Hope that helps 

• Posted

Yes but that may be hormonal ... Peri menopause I am 50 .. But saying that since operation I haven't needed bran.. 

Now with no gallbladder very rich hard to digest food can make me slightly bilious .. Nothing on the gallbladder nausea.. I hate rib eye steak yesterday and felt a bit like I needed to burp. I think it's because you don't get the extra bile from your gallbladder to digest richer foods.. You just have a gentle trickle from your liver . So not enough to digest my rib eye .. I'm ok with rump or sirloin.. Not so fatty .. 

• Posted

Thanks Sally, I was scanned today and had gallstones confirmed. I've been feeling rubbish for ages, no appetite and when I do eat the after effects aren't good eek I thought it was a bad arthritis flare but the pains are awful. Getting the side and lower back pain too. Hopefully this is the cause and can be dealt with!! Do gallstones move? Mine are static in the neck of the gallbladder....
    • Posted

Well your gall bladder stores bile from your liver and when you eat food that needs extra bile to digest it your stomach request extra bile from your gallbladder. Your gallbladder contracts squeezes extra bile. This is when you get pain as the gallstones all get squeezed rub together irritate your gallbladder making it sore and if one gets squeezed into a duct ... Pain vomiting through the roof. 

So no fat , spices , meat , etc bland I found sloppy easily digested food like mash potatoe and really well boiled veg ... And your gallbladder doesn't contract it settles pain goes wonderful. Oh and no caffeine no chocolate ... 

If you get an attack buscopan can stop the contractions, and I was on omeprazole twice a day a proton pump inhibitor which reduces the bile you produce by 80 percent ..

I had mine removed in February feel great now smile 

• Posted

i have burning pain all over abdomen and also round my waist epecially when i get up from lying down. is this what your experiencing? im in constant pain and on coedien 30/500 it just makes me tired i think its the worry and not knowing if its gall stone related or not. i feel so ill. i have not been out my house for 2 months except to go to hospital or doctor. iv lost a stone in weight in 3 weeks i have no appetite either. its terrilbe.
    • Posted

I got the same symptoms Doctor said I got gallstones I am in pain almost every day and I use the stool about 4 times a day and my pain increase during the night time and sometimes I get testicullar pain I wonder if any body have same symptoms
    • Posted

hi i no this quite old post i got diagnosed wth gallstones 3 years ago as i was in so much pain i wemt yellow i couldnt move of the floor couldnt aleep pripley so drained this was when i was pregnant and in all 3 pregnancys i have had complications due to this i did go for stools good few times but always struggled to ger them out and i think i have had th for 7 years as my daughter is now 6 and i had the same complications with her aswell as my other 2 nd now i habent been able to put weight on for years i am the same weight amd cant budge and its getting me sown but to worried to get them removed i no i have repliedate u av probz found out tbe cause exc but thought i would just drop line hope this helps
    • Posted

and the thing is no matter what pain relief you take it does not work
    • Posted

Does anybody get like a pulse or throbbing feeling in there back with gallstones
  • Posted

I really think it does because I have all those problems too. Also, even wearing a bra hurts. I have been drinking a ton of water and that seems to help a little and I hate the taste or no-taste of water.

Have the doctors told you that you have gallstones

• Posted

Hi, yes I had it confirmed today with an ultrasound. The body pains are awful....before I thought gallstone pain was just in the abdominal area
  • Posted

Hi Bella,

I think the aches and pain are from the gallbladder attacks. Because we tighten up so much when they occur, everything get sore and achy after. A few days ago, I too, didn't think I was going to make. But things have calmed down a little and hopefully they will for you too

did they schedule a date yet for surgery? Drink a lot of water till then

Fell better, relief is coming

Gail

• Posted

Thanks for that! I'm seeing the consultant in a few days so hopefully not long after that confused
  • Posted

hi Bellaboo 1973, I have also suffered with this. I went to see 1 of the nurses that works under my consultants at the end of M ay and was still waiting for a date for my operation 3 weeks later but I was in so much pain that I ended up goiung to hospital and staying there untill my operation on Saturday 21st June 2014and was allowed out the next day but that was because it doesn't matter what tablets the doctors put me on they didn't touch the pain. Hopefully this will help you in some way
    • Posted

Hi Debbie, did you have the chronic body pains and weight gain in your tummy? I'm so frustrated and fed up being in pain and overweight 
    • Posted

I did until I watched what I ate. In the end all I could eat was salads and meat free stuff, like quorn. Go to your doctors and ask if you are taking the right medication aswell
    • Posted

Thanks Debbie, just been scanning through other posts....hope you are feeling better now. I felt fine on Sunday and actually did some stuff around the garden.....but boy have I suffered since!!  I'm thinking this may be quite common judging from what I've read on here. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.