Gamma Globulin to Treat ME/CFS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have any of you tried gamma globulin infusions or injections? Years ago, I spoke to someone who got infusions and said it essentially got her back to normal. Of course it doesn't help everyone. The biggest deterrent:  it's hugely expensive.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would love to but I don't think the NHS would pay they are I believe mega expensive
  • Posted

Sounds interesting;  I will do some research and see what the general concensus is.....there are times we will grab at anything, isn't there, just to be ourselves again.............I know when a condition is Terminal, that we learn to Accept the prognosis,,,,but when not, then we Keep looking/asking......will be interested to hear/learn more............Bron
  • Posted

Hello, again-

i would be very interested in your treatment journey, with as much detail as you're willing to share.  PM would be fine, too, if the open forum isn't comfortable.  I've never heard of this type of treatment, and if it's hugely expensive it won't be an option for me.  I am unable to do significant work due to the CFS.

Best,

nan

• Posted

Sure. I'll share this. If I do it, it won't happen for a while, as I'm still trying an antiviral regimen. Gamma globulin definitely works for some people. It's recommended by several doctors in the U.S. So typical and disgusting that the cost is almost prohibitive.
    • Posted

Yes I know it is used in the USA to dry to calm down the autonomic system. Interestingly my husband had an elderly aunt with a rare blood group she was ABnegative. She kept fainting and one day slid under the table at a Chinese restaurant. The ambulance arrived and my son who by then I knew wanted to become a doctor said well the meal has arrived don't let it get cold, while his then girlfriend turned a ghastly green. However the old lady was given a blood transfusion once enough of the blood had been found, was as good as new and lived another 20 years!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.