gastric band

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi im 5 wks post op but im struggling to go off soft foods. Any suggestions on what to eat ??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You could try shepards/cottage pie if your not yet on a normal foods. after about 6 weeks, I found that crunchy foods were good as it makes you feel fuller for longer...start with very small amounts and stop when you feel full. I found that I had to eat very small mothfulls and chew at least 20 times. You need to start thinking very differently about the way you eat and what you eat. I'm 8 months post op now and 5 stone lighter. Still have another 5 stone to lose, but I'm getting there.

Good luck on you journey.

• Posted

Yeah joanna thats were im at im starting crunchy foods. What did u start off with ? Ur obvs doing it right with that weight loss. Well done u :-)
    • Posted

Started off on bran flakes for breakfast, then a few crackers and a little cheese for lunch and a small evening meal. Water instead of snacks. Celery was really nice. I always planned my meals thinking about protein first, then fruit and veg second and carbs third.
    • Posted

Fish was and is my favourite, pilchards, cod, hadock .....easier to eat. I tend to stay away from processed foods and stick to home cooked meals.
    • Posted

Thanks for ur help joanna. Much appreciated. Hope im as successful as u. Well done :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.