Gastric band #hot food

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I was jus wondering if any one else has the same problem !! I got my gastric band fitted in feb and I can't Eat hot food at all any one else have this problem is This normal

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Im fine I had my band fitted in Nov 2014 the only problem I have is im sick some time usually because I rush it's also been a really slow process for me I've it's too nearly 8 months for me to lose 2 stone and that was going to gym as well but I gave gym up for a few months and went for a infill im now at 7.5 my band is only a small 10 ml band it's not just at not eating as much it's also watching what u eat which I don't really that's y I opted for a gb I just eat less ie small portions. I struggle in restaurants can't keep food down as I panic and I go throw up cause I can feel it sitting in my throat so no more restaurants for me just ends up being a waste of money. Just try soup and work ur way up sometime u have to retrain ur brain a bit too
    • Posted

Thanks Sandra sounds like me I don't like going out for dinner as I jus get sick after it I no I need to slow down wen I'm eating my band was also the small one 10ml I also find it very slow at losing weight I've lost a stone since February ! I jus doing y I can't eat a hot dinner x
    • Posted

I think your band maybe a little tight? 7.5mls is quite a lot in a 10ml band..This will make you feel as if your food gets stuck .. And have to bring it up again..soup is good!
  • Posted

Hi Annette, im also OK with hot food - just only eat a couple of mouthfuls.  Ive found if I go out for a meal i normally have Chicken gougons or squid starter and have another starter (hopefully battered king prawns of some sort) for main.  That way im not eating too much and i chew that much between mouthfuls im still now the last one to finish.  Its definitely a slow process but you will get there in the end.  I was banded end of November last year and notice if i eat too quickly now i feel like i have something stuck at top of throat so small and slowly for me and it does work!  Scampi with salad is another thing I can get down.  Cooking at home is normally chicken in a sauce or something and I can only have a couple of mouthfuls but I dont fee hungry either then so its a win win x I cant touch bread but can manage a mouthful or two of pasta or rice - again very slowly!
    • Posted

Thanks that's good to know as mine is bout 2 mouthfuls as well it's good to no that it's normal thanks x
    • Posted

Hi Jebo

2 mouthfuls is that 20p size? I'm currently eating 1/2 t plate of mashed root veg and blended chicken gravy and I chew it to pulp.  Do you not feel hungry because of fills?  yesterday I had 5 tablespoons for t.  I'm still having soup and shakes inbetween.

Jo

• Posted

2 mouthfuls 20p size of pasta or rice, a few more mothfuls of chicken etc - can manage two ryvita with philly for lunch - quavers are way too easy and so is chocolate.  Anything Mushy I can eat 6 7 or 8 mouthfuls slowly but do feel full after that x dont feel hungry between meals but have been same weight last couple of weeks - mainly as I realised i can eat more chocolate and icecream! so my own fault but will be back on track this week x 
  • Posted

i dont have a prob with hot food just dry food and it doesnt matter whether its hot or cold - i need my good to be moist so a casserole, chilli, curry, fishcake, sheps pie, fish pie, baked beans etc is good but steak, chops, bread, rice, pasta is bad - when i go out to a restaurant i generally hav a starter served as a main crs followed by a dessert later on -
  • Posted

could it be the texture of the food you are eating rather than the temperature do you think - is the food you are eating dry?  have you tried eating things like fish cake which is solid enough not to slip straight through your band but quite soft  - do you cook your meat, fish etc in liquid so that it is very soft and tender?  things like pasta and rice can continue to swell thus causing a blockage so stay well clear of them - mince in gravy is quite good and you can spice it up and make it into chilli or bolognese - roast meat without a sauce can be dry and firbousy meat such as steak or chops involves more chewing than it is worth in m y opinion - you need to chew chew chew whatever you eat - but if you cannot even manage hot stuff such as soup then that is quite strange - could you list the types of foods you are having probs with 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.