Gastric bypass

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had gastric bypass on 9 th of November anyone eles had this done want some imfo

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bronya

I had bypass in April.  let me know if I can help

Kate

• Posted

Hi how much weight have u lost do u have any regrets and how much food do u eat thanks
    • Posted

I've lost around 30kg since April.

when you ask how much puree food did you have?  I think at 4 weeks I was having around 2 tablespoons of puree several times a day. make sure you have lots of protein,   Do youhave a guide book on it? I had an amazing booklet put together by the hospital, that listed everything to have... meals, snacks and drinks.

Are you struggling?

Kate

• Posted

No its not to bad touch wood i haven't been hungry im struggling more as i used to smoke and dont no why just feel the need to smoke but i have given up months ago do u have any regrets so far

• Posted

Hunger did come back for me, it took a couple of months.  but I'm pretty much eating ordinary food now, just much smaller portions.  well done giving up smoking too .... big big changes for you in 2016 cheesygrin   it's not very surprising that you feel the need to smoke, it's an emotional need.  have you tried mindfulness?  you can find courses in mindful eating, and I imagine that you could  transfer those skills to smoking too.

Regrets????  not a one.  I miss a few foods, and at this time of year the christmas coffees in Starbucks etc.  but I feel so well it's a small exchange.  I think that it is one of the best decisions of my life.  I hope that you will feel that way too.  but you are still going through a major adjustment.

do ask any questions smile

good luck

Kate

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.