Gastritis/ H.Pylori

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I'm a 33 yo guy, smoke 1-2 sigarettes a day and don't drink alchool or coffee since I started have some weird stomac problems. It all began 8 months ago, when I came back home from a trip in Egypt. 

I never suffered from a very stron pain, but it was just a constant and unpleasent feeling, stronger after eating, feeling bloated, and very noisy lol. I never suffered from reflux or diarrhea, as as said just a weird feeling in the upper part of the stomac and on the left side of the tummy. I regularly went to toilette and stools were just "softer" than usual.

So the doctor gave me Omeprazole, 20 gr a day for a month. I took it all. I felt better, not perfect. When finished, the weird feeling started again. So i waited 15 days after taking the last omprazole tablet, and had a stool test for HP. result negative. Since then, im on Omprazole, 20 gr a day fro the last 6 months. I would like to stop it, but im just scared that all starts again. In these months I felt just ok, not 100% perfect, sometime i have a funny feeling on my left side. 

The questions are:

-should i retest for HP, and if yes, what is the exact amount of time to wait to take the test after stopping omprazole (1 month or 2 weeks? someones says 1 month and then 2 weeks)

-is it ok to take omprazole for so long?

-can i start taking it one every other day in case?

thanks 

Gian

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi gianluigi28154

That would be two weeks before another test can be carried out....best wishes...

• Posted

Hi giabluigi28154

That would be two weeks before another test can be carried out..best wishes

• Posted

Wow you have the same symptoms as me! I have had them for the past 18 months. I have created me own discussion entitled 'left rib pain change in bowel habits worried' pop over and have a read.

I am still without diagnosis but getting there slowly!

• Posted

Ask for an upper GI scope to rule out ulcer.  Keep a food diary to see which foods affect you the most.  Pepto Bismol and Peppermint tea help symptoms.  I read that Pepto Bismol kills HP.  Google it.  Hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.