Gdem

Posted , 2 users are following.

Reply to troy49296

gbritishair ?1

gbritishair DandR 5 minutes ago

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear that everyone's in so much chronic pain but I can totally feel for all of you. I was involved in a RTA 3 years ago which was mot my fault and it has left me with severe chronic syndrome pain in the neck and shoulders. I have issues sleeping, dressing and just being able to have a better quality of life, I have also taken all the painkillers which have not helped but if anything it has given me a lot of side affects. I am lecturer which makes it even harder to be able to teach, plan and maneuvere. I was off work for 6 months after the accident I experienced numbness in my left side and was not able to work unfortunately my intervention cannot be surgically improved it will be to dangerous and to much pressure on the spinal cord. Since the accident the pain in the neck / shoulders have escalated to chronic. I have tried so many private interventions the osteopath treatment is better than physio the staff work on the direct nerve area and trigger points also acupuncture / capping also helps for the whole spine. ...Unfortunately you get some relief but the pain is still chronic....I have forgotten what it feels like to sleep i wake up every 3 hrs in pain I can't lie on my back the neck aches or on my shoulder side left/right. You need to have regular interventions at a pain management hospital I live in London and visit the national neurologist hosp which is fantastic.....I have nerve infusions, trigger point injections and sculpular procedures on my shoulder .....I'm gping in again in 2 weeks for the sculpular shoulder procedure on the left and more trigger points in the neck. ...my pain has got worse I've realised that I need these injections every 2 months not 4 months it's been 4 know and I am in so much pain ...I would also recommend hydrotherapy a warm pool with physio exercises especially for issues with your lower back. ...I would also advice anyone who is in serious pain to diffinately take time off work so you can try some of these interventions emotionally when you are in a lot of pain people cannot see from the outside that you are suffering and of you are like me I have to try and laugh wheb I'm in agony otherwise I will just burst out crying. You also cannot perform to your best ability so take time off to sleep as much as you can with the medication that allow you to do so. ...try and build up your energy! Wish me luck going in for injections in two weeks I am counting the days!😕

Apart from trigger point injections, sculpular procedures and infusions is there any other inhection that is much more stronger? ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear of your chronic pain and the lack of medical treatments that can cure the pain....I have Low Lumbar Back Pain when I stand and walk...I am a teacher too and, it makes it difficult to work...My symptoms seems to be Spinal Synosis which would require surgery to improve, but has < 60% CHANCE OF SUCCESS...Thus, I am having a difficult time deciding if I should have surgery....I hope you obtain some relief soon...

• Posted

Hi there,

It is so lovely to hear from you. I sorry to hear about your lower back pain I have the same issues with stenosis in the neck area it's a horrible pain. In regards to your lower back pain I suffer with sciatica on the left side it comes and go but when it does come you certainly can feel it my balance goes.

If someone said to me there is an operation that can provide you with better quality of life than I would be doing exactly what you are doing researching the pros and cons! To be honest with you even the injections do not last it needs to be more consistent, has the pain management team provided you with any trigger point injections in the lower back I would request to have all the treatments you can possibly have before selecting the surgery route you might find comfort and relief from these first. I wish you all the best ?

• Posted

Thanks for your response....Based on my research, surgery is recommended for long-term pain relief, however, if has proved to be unsuccessful 40%+ of the time...The epidermal injections may help ease the pain for 1-2 months only....Pills may reduce the pain for a few hours........If there is any long-term successful treatments for spinal stenosis, please let me know... Otherwise, I'll take pain pills as needed..But I lack a "quality of life" that I desire....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.