Gel One injections

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Has anyone had Gel One injections for knee osteoarthritis? I had mine in 4/19 one in each knee. Please let me know your experience. My knees are worse since these shots.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had a steroid injection in my knee a few years ago, it helped for a bit.  I mainly use a tens unit for pain, deep heat and arnica massage oil.
    • Posted

Is this Tens unit something you get at your doctors office? Also, They told me to use ice.
    • Posted

Hi Jane

I've been offered steroid injections for arthritis in my knees after having arthroscopy just a year ago. I was interested in the arnica oil you mentioned and tried it and the reduction in my swelling is amazing and so my pain is reduced. Thanks for the information. I hope your pain is easing soon.

• Posted

Hi

I've hada steroid injection in both knees about about 2 weeks ago.

Since having it one knee has got much worse.  The only thing I can put it down to is that  they were drained and the the one that is is is so sore is one that an awful lot came out of it.  Is it possible that the fluid was cushioning some damage and now it has all been drained out there is nothing to cushion the damage any more

Eileen

• Posted

Hello,

The Gel One is supposed to cushion your knees it should last for about 6 months. Mine got worse after the injections. This is awful. I understand if gel shots don't work for everyone but I never thought they would make your knees feel worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.