General anaesthetics and glandular fever, do they mix?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys,

So I was diagnosed with glandular fever /mono at the end if 2015 and I'm just left with the lingering fatigue. But I've got to have so operation to have a metal rod removed from my femur next week and was wondering if any of you had been through an operation/general anaesthetic whilst having glandular fever? If so how did it effect you? Was your recovery longer than expected? Did your doctors say any risks were higher? Any advise would be great, thanks in advance, Eede

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eede,

I really hope you feel better soon from the horrible fatigue, I do believe that will get better in time. I am no expert at all in the subject regarding operations or anything, I had surgery on my ankle a few years after glandular fever and it was no problem, my guess would be anaestetic and the operation procedure wouldn't have any negative affect on your recovery or fatigue, but please do speak to the doctor about it as I have no medical knowledge.

Thinking of you and I do believe you will recover and feel better from everything you are going through.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig,

I will definitely speak to them at my pre op check tomorrow. So nervous about it all to be honest. I just wanted to know if anyone had actually been through it themselves. I know I've mentioned to you before about how my white blood cell levels are low, so I am worried about infection but I don't doubt that they can look after me with preventative antibiotics.

Take care and thanks for the encouragement once again 😊

• Posted

Hey Eede,

Just want you to know I'm thinking about you and understand your fears and concerns, hoping everything goes well for you, I believe it will and you will get through it all and feel strong and well again - you take care and just rest up and do your best not to worry - hope you got on okay at your pre-op check.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.