Genital herpes???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Okay so i have a staph infection on my face i popped a boil i also had the infection spread to my vagina..im thinking i got it from a razor .anyway i recently got a culture swab done on the area along with a blood test with came back negative! But hsv1 came back positive? Y i have no symptoms at all! I would think hsv2 would be positive but my dr said it was likely negative helpp the boil on my face was also staph can someone help me?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If only the blood test came back positive, it very likely is just oral herpes...cold sores. HSV doesn't mean genital necessarily. Have you ever had a cold sore? If you had a sore and it was swabbed and the swab came back positive for HSV1 then it is genital unfortunately.
  • Posted

Ok so first what symptoms did you experience causing you to get hsv testing? Not to diagnose what you have or give false hope but here is my story.

I was on my 6th mo of accutane which gave me a yeast infection on my lips, impetigo on my face and staph infection in armpits, groin area and pack of knees. However I also had a new partner of one time unprotected sex, 6 weeks after I experienced high fever, body aches and a headache and found one large sore on the inside of my vagina. I was convinced it was herpes but my PCR swab came back negative and now 3 months later my igG blood test was still negative. Yay! However I feel that the timing of new partner and symptoms were too much of coincidence I will be getting testing again at 6 mo to be sure for hsv and HIV. However my doc thinks the staph issue I was having cause a bartholin cyst that got infected and it just looked like a large white ulcer sore inside. So so far that is all I have left to believe what my sore was so I believe yes staph and cause issues down there. Hopefully that is what your issue is also!!! Good luck and I know this is scary time and I was sooo scared and depressed for 2 mo until I got the 3 mo negative test. You can message me if you want or ask any questions or ask and make sure your taking the right tests!!

• Posted

Also to note, it could be hsv1 in your genital area. Hsv1 is much better to have there than hsv2 as it sheds less and reoccurs less frequently
  • Posted

hsv 1 is very common to have but if you have one on the  vagina and u did the swab test and came neg than it is not hsv 2 unless the lesion was old. but if they did PCR dna  test the are very accurate. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.