GENITAL HERPES

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I just got diagnosed today that I have gential herpes im only 17 I have been with this guy for 7montths never cheated I have always got blood work done and vaginal exams and never came up that i have herpes until now I am very devasted and heart broken I feel nasty and ashamed of myself I dont know how to tell my partner because I dont know how I honestly caught it and how he is going to react to it I have so many questions and concern of my life now im a very mature person but something like this I can not handle I have no friend or love ones that I can talk to about this thats why im hoping someone can confront me and give me advise about this please do not judge me.

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

First off you're not gonna get judged here. We're all in the same boat. If that's your history who knows you may have got it from this guy. This is a VERY COMMON condition. Its no way near the end of the world. Your feelings are completely normal but you will soon learn how common this is. What are some of your questions?
    • Posted

Thank you so much I dont feel as a lone anymore because you guys can realate to me and how I feel I told him yesterday and at first he didnt take it so well but he still said he loves me no matter what so that did make me feel a little better but the questions I do have is when your outbreakes is over with do I have to still take the medicine everyday that my doctor has prescribe which is ACYCLOVIR Even if I do not have a outbreak?

Another questioned is if I do not have a outbreak could I still have unprotected sex with somebody with out giving it to them including oral sex as well? Not saying I would do that now but for future reference could I do that? I have a lot of questions lol but also say the guy im dating now that probaly gave it to me if me and him are still going to be together and we both have it does that mean we should still where condoms even though me or him do not have a outbreak could we still have unproected sex or its not a good idea since we both have it? All my other STD testing came back normal and HIV/AIDS did as well but im confused about how me and him should have sex now me and him both never have cheated on each other where very passionate lovers so should we where condoms now because of this? Besides protecting our selfes from other Std's etc.

• Posted

You should take your meds as prescribed. Whether or NOT you have a breakout you CAN pass the virus. You must use protection at all times. Taking one pill a day will keep it dormant but there's always risk of passing it through shedding as well. Anyone you sleep with unprotected is at risk of getting it.
    • Posted

I understand using condoms is the safest thing but im talking about with my boyfriend now who has it as well will there be a difference from our sex life now? 
  • Posted

Yes we all felt the very same way its all about how you handle it mentally
    • Posted

Yes its not something easy to handle exspecially im soo young I have been crying mostly all yesterday and today I went to work today and almost start to cry it just has been yesterday since I have found out I have this. But you guys have really helped me smile a little bit more how long did it take you to start to feel back normal to yourself?

• Posted

Hun, it take some time and it is different for everyone. Just bebkond and patient w yourself. We all feel the way you do when we were diagnosed and then we just learn to accept it like having an acne breakout. Your recurrents won't be like your first ob. None of mine since have caused me any pain and last only a couple days, so as long as I soak nightly in Epsom salt baths when I have symptom's
  • Posted

This is the best place for help and support I have learnt. We are all alike in one way or another. Don't feel you'll be judged. I only recently got diagnosed too, like weeks ago. I'm still coming to terms with it but what gets me through is like what has been said, it's SO common and nothing to be afraid of. It can be controlled and you'll learn to live with it and get through. Like me, your bf may just have been an asymptomatic carrier. Meaning he has it but shows no symptoms. That's a possibility. I haven't told my bf yet as I haven't had chance to so I can't help you there but there are some good sites such as 'H Opportunity' that help you learn to deal with telling your partner and more. Any questions I'm here. Chin up Hun, could be worse just think.
    • Posted

Whats stopping you from telling your Boyfriend? Its best to get it over with the longer u wait the harder it becomes
    • Posted

I don't get to see him much. He's a soldier so he's usually away and it's something I wanna sit down and have a real good talk about not just text him or call coz it can get misinterpreted.
    • Posted

Not entirely sure but I assume it was him because you get your 1st outbreak within days of the virus entering the body and I was with him days before the outbreak so just put 1+1 together really.
    • Posted

Your right its not the end of the world I have done a lot of research on this it is very common im still  normal and the same person I was a year ago I told my boyfriend yesterday when I first told him he did not say much which made me feel like i was the bad person but later on he told me he loves me and we are going to get through this together i was scared at first but i knew eventually i had to tell him 
    • Posted

That's good I'm glad to hear it was ok in the end. I told my boyfriend tonight too. He was completely fine with it. He said he feels no different and still loves me no matter what. He feels real bad that it was most likely him who gave me it but I told him it was fine and that obvs he wasn't to know. With hope it makes people's relationships stronger. If they leave you for such a small matter then it clearly wasn't love. All the best Hun, it's better here on out. The worst parts are over. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.