GENITAL HERPES

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with genital herpese in 08/2016. Never had blister on my genital area but I have a constant heat/raw feeling with no pain.... I was wondering anyone experienced this??

I went thru all STD TESTS and I was negative expect for HERPESE. Now my doctor told me to take 1 500mg valacyclovir/ daily. It's been 2 weeks l see no changes

Please help ...

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

If you never had an outbreak to swab and only a positive blood test, it may not necessarily mean you have herpes. Depends on the type of blood test and how you scored. Were you tested for IgG antibodies or IgM antibodies? Do you have your index scores?
    • Posted

Hi

Thank you for ur help

yes I was tested positive for both

index numbers below

IgM 0.40

IgG >5.00

• Posted

IgM can be ignored, as it is not a reliable test for herpes. Is your IgG score for HSV1 or HSV2, or for both combined? Usually, you are tested for both HSV1 and HSV2 separately, so that the infection (if positive) can be typed. A combined result is less helpful.
    • Posted

And IgG simplex 2 results were > 5.00

• Posted

These were not combined results
    • Posted

Hmmm, that would seem to indicate positives for both. Pre-existing HSV1 can in some cases interfere with the HSV2 IgG HerpeSelect test kit, which is why I asked, but the odds of that being the case with an HSV2 score of >5 are lower. If you are ever able to get a hold of a different test kit or the $$$ University of Washington western blot, it may nevertheless be worthwhile to check your HSV2 status again. Out of interest, why were you tested for herpes if you've never had a genital outbreak?

• Posted

I made a bad decision and had unprotected sex someone that I trust... I never had a break out but since September l have a constant burning sensation that it doesn't seem to go away so that's why my doctor prescribed me for daily, 1 valacyclovir 500mg pill but there's no relief and it's driving me insane..

• Posted

The burning may not be herpes related (valacyclovir should help if that was the case), but could be due to a pH imbalance and resulting BV infection. Have you had that checked out? Try oral probiotics or eating other live cultures, etc.
    • Posted

BV was negative l take live cultures yogurts, pills no changes

Do u know what supplements can help with PH balance ?? I could try that

• Posted

You can research probiotic vaginal suppositories or lactic acid gels. There are also other vaginal gels designed to promote/maintain normal vaginal pH (which is acidic, fyi). Do not use a douche.
  • Posted

I have had the feeling when you are walking it feels almost like your underwear are rubbing the sides of your legs. both my mother and I have herpes and what I have learned from her is when you feel like that some days it's good not to wear underwear and sweatpants become friends. Your medication that I am also one is good, my doctor gave me a choice of once a day or when I feel an outbreak. I do when needed so my body doesn't get used to the meds. Also it could just be due to the fact it's too hot the rubbing could be causing something under the surface a irritation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.