Genital herpes temperature within 24 hours?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Is it possible to have fever and fatigue within 24 hours of expose to genital herpes?

And what is the level of fever considered and how many days? I had like maximum 37.5 for 3 days in a row.

Am i mistaking this with something else?

thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You can't really deduce anything by quantifying fevers that way. Some GH symptoms can occur within a couple of days, but if one of those symptoms is a fever, then you'd probably expect other symptoms as well.

• Posted

Hello, the fact is that i did not have any sore or blister until now. It is 15 days. Only fever those days. Thats why i am not sure.
    • Posted

Fevers can be caused by any number of things. If you have no other symptoms, then who knows what was the cause. Not necessarily herpes, unless you have strong reason to suspect herpes (e.g., sex with a known carrier), in which case you can opt to do the IgG antibody test at 3 months. Doesn't sound like herpes, though, with fever only.

• Posted

Hello, i had sex with someone who has it but only once with latex condom. After that i was so stressed and maybe thats why the temperature came up.
    • Posted

Which HSV type does the person have? If genital HSV1, you are unlikely to have caught anything genitally yourself. If genital HSV2, there's a risk. Fyi, the type number indicates the virus type, not the location of infection.

• Posted

She has HSV2 and i started to feel temperature within 24 hours. Is it possible to catch it or it was just stress?
    • Posted

I am assuming you're male, in which case the risk to you after just one time with a condom should be low, unless she had an outbreak or was otherwise shedding at the time. Does she take daily suppressive meds for herpes? That would reduce the risk even further.

• Posted

Yes i am a male. No she did not have an outbreak for a year. She only one year ago an outbreak for 1 week and thats all. There is 15 days now from that day, i had only tempwrature for 3 days at 37.5 and down and thats all. No blisters or sores not anything.
    • Posted

That's not even much of a fever! If you're worried, test at 3 months like I mentioned earlier, but my guess is that you're okay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.