genuinely feel like ive gone or going mad..anxiety driving me crazy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can anyone relate to this or suggest some meds?? Ive had anxiety on and off for years but this time its the worst its ever been, I feel like its sending me potty, I make up things in my head that may or may not happen (most likely wouldn't) butget myself so upset over these situations that I start to believe its real. Ive really had enough sad I have so many thoughts about death it scares me,im sorry if this sounds mad id be grateful of help as always

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I can relate, the answer may lie more with therapy, meds unfortunately are unable to resolve issues,just mask the symptoms 
    • Posted

To be honest maybe you're right and at the moment id try anything to just stop feeling this way
    • Posted

I can understand that, talk to your gp about options, but I feel the best way is therapy. Meds can help in the short term, but to be honest the side effects often negate any useful effect. Breathing space in the UK are an excellent place to call to talk things thru which really helps 
  • Posted

Have you spoken to your GP? Your DR should be suggesting medication, not us.. Everyone reacts differently to tablets. I'd inquire about Cognitive Behavioural Therapy first though, if you haven't tried anything like that before. Medication often makes you much worse before you get better.
    • Posted

I have been to my GP yes, sorry i didn't mean it in the way it sounded, i w meant it more on a if anyone could recommend which meds have been good or bad, i have been on a couple and so far not had much luck, Thank you for your reply, i will definitely enquire about CBT
  • Posted

Hi Kerry, can totally relate to how you're feeling so take comfort in you're not alone and what you feel and think is quite normal.......as far as anxiety goes! Speak with your GP to find out what is going to work best for you. Like others have said meds do tend to mask your symptoms and for me they weren't the answer but everyone is different. I take propranolol to ease the symptoms as I find panic breeds panic. Keep us p
  • Posted

Durrrr! Keep us posted on how you get on more than anything talk about how you're feeling. It makes it all seem less scary somehow x
    • Posted

Hi Maria thanks for your reply, it's so difficult because when i get those feelings i am so desperate to speak to someone about it but i worry that they will think i sound crazy. It's getting your head around these pains not being anything serious and that its all just thoughts rather than fact x
  • Posted

Hi there, defo go for CBT as it really helps. Also have a think about what may have triggered you're thinking pattern. Has there been an event that has given you reason to fear illness/death which is manifested in your anxiety? Do some relaxation techniques, breathing exercise etc to help you calm the mind and body. Sounds daft as well bit stay hydrated with water as lack of fluids will cause the body to panic. Try and get enough sleep. All these things, whilst they won't cute do help to lessen symptoms which gives you a bit more control. That's my biggest fear, is feeling like I've lost control of body and mind! Hope this helps. Stay on the forum and if you need advice or reassurance. X
    • Posted

Thank you, I really do value any advice and help. Basically about 6 years ago I had a massive break down and have suffered anxiety and panic attacks ever since. It all died down for a couple of years but this past year I've been gettimg severe chest pains and after being tested for a hiatial hernia, ulcers etc they found I had kidney stones and diagnosed me with ibs but I just cant help thinking its something serious or life threatening . Ive had thoughts and fears of death since I was young, no real reason really just think too much into it. Thanks again for all of your help x
    • Posted

Hi Kerry, your thoughts are so similar to mine regarding death and illness so I can really sympathise. It took me a long time to open up about it even to therapists. It's horrible and feels like you're carrying your fear and dread around with you everyday and the worst thing is we all know its gonna happen one day so nobody can tell us not to worry about it! Plus the anxiety causes symptoms that are like illnesses so you feel you can't break the cycle. ifyou still have concerns around your health go speak with your gp to elimate your concerns there and then push for therapy. X
    • Posted

Thats the difficult bit, trying to explain it to someone who has never gone through these feelings it's tough.Everything you have said above is exactly right, i have booked another appointment to see my doctor to see what she suggests as i just want to start feeling better or atleast be able to try and control this. Thank you so much for all of your help! x
    • Posted

Let me know how you get on and if you're having a bad day or need some help just shout and I'll try and help x
  • Posted

Hey there! I totally know how you feel! I have generalized anxiety disorder and I've had it for 5 years now ( I'm 23). I know for sure you and I are NOT crazy or mad in any way, shape , or form! If someone questions their sanity, that means they are very sane. Just you asking this question proves you are mentally healthy! To get rid of anxiety and panic symptoms, I just do a ton of stuff to get my mind off it like working or watching YouTube videos! I'm also going to try exercise and yoga! Hopefully my answer helps you!😃😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.