Gerd

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

My friend has had gerd for some time now.

She was feeling food sturk in ma throat and when she got treatment it went away.

But afta a month it came back. Still she is on treatment but many times she feels like she has tonsilitis and wounds in the throat.

I'm scared I think she has throat cancer what can I do

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think it is related to the GERD...it is very typical to feel pressure in the throat like food is sitting right there.

Have you friend return to the physician to get a change in medication. No bending at the waist. No food or beverage two hours before bedtime. And consider elevating just the head of the bed 5-6 inches to keep the stomach contents in the stomach.

You are a great friend...

• Posted

Dear friend

Thank you for the guidance.

We must try this out and see. I will tell you the feed back.

Thank you so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.