Gerd

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

i went out on NYE and had a bit too much to drink and ended up being very sick.  I felt unwell for a week with bad indigestion.  GP gave me 20 mg of omprazole.  I wen back to GP after a month as the indigestion had reduced but now have bad acid taste in mouth with burning sensation in tummy area.  She wouldn't give me another prescription but said to take Gaviscon.  I had an upper endoscopy 3 years ago but all was clear.  Iv bought some Aloe Vera  oday to see if that helps.  I hate this constant bad taste.  I'm nearly 60 years old. Quite fit with good diet and don't normally drink! Have quite a stressful job. Any help great,y received.  Lisa

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can you sleep on a wedge or with your head above your knees . Change you diet and keep a journal. You can control,what you eat and drink. Meds take time. This vpcan develops into stomach lining grow up in to esophagus. Please take all care necessary to keep under control. Sometimes it takes month to see results. The esophagus is irritated and needs time to heal and will it you follow diet and medication. Also what helped me to was not to easy anything after 9:00 pm.

many blessings sent your way that others advice will help you too and sustain you thru recovery. 😊👍

• Posted

Correction to last sentence. Also what helped me was not to eat anything after 9:00 pm before bedtime.

this forum needs a edit button.

• Posted

Understand how you feel. Why wouldn't the GP give you further meds? Maybe insist on a referral to a Gastroenterologist for further evaluation. Have you tried the usual raising of the bedhead, smaller frequent meals, avoiding caffeine etc. Good luck

• Posted

Hi I have had this for two years and have been on all ppi's with no relief. I also have constant burning in mouth, easier in the morning as the stomach is empty. Towards the evening it is awful and I have to chew gum to feel a little easier. My Gastro Doctor has confirmed acid reflux from the tests that I have had and has referred me to a surgeon who does the Nissan operation. Has aloe Vera helped you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.