Getting a habit

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies

I'm afraid this is getting a habit! Every night I go to bed with hubby and read. An hour or so later I creep down and get my chamomile tea and a snack and stay for about a hour. I then go back to bed and drift into sleep. It's awful I just need sleep. Also is there anything I can get to help with the anxiety for getting on holiday? I noticed a few ladies have been prescribed valium. I need i for going on holiday or out for a day. Any help ??

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle, why don't you go to your doctor and get a prescription for the anxiety? I think that would be your best bet over anyone here prescribing anything for you.

• Posted

Sorry I dont mean to be so caddy. My hormones are obviously making me feel this way.
    • Posted

With all due respect, please be mindful of your tone.  This is meant to be a supportive environment where we can help each other.  I wanted to reply to Michelle last night but was taken aback by your reply.  Hormones or not, we are here to respect each other's needs, and there are very real gaps that doctors cannot fill, especially with perimenopause.  

• Posted

With all due respect I said I was sorry yet you skipped that part. She came on here asking for meds, she should go to her doctor for them, why ask for them here?
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

I think I would ask your doctor for something for either the anxiety, or something very mild to help you sleep.  Or first try having your chamomile about an hour before you go go bed and read, then go off to bed with hubby.  See if that helps.  I know, sometimes it's hard to relax while everyone else is up.  Just be careful with some of those sleeping pills, they can make a person do some strange things...that's why I said a mild one.  I am sure your doctor will help you there.  My husband has a difficult time sleeping, and had to go through a few different ones until he found one that works for him.  I won't say which one, as everyone is different, and works different on each person.  I wouldn't want to be responsible for you off driving around, or doing strange things in the house!  LOL 

• Posted

Oh thankyou. I do have some sleeping pills I take every other night. They aren't strong. Thankyou for your help xxx

• Posted

Hi Michelle

When I have to go out for the day, to a family occassion or attend an event, when really I'd much rather stay at home. I try and plan an 'escape route' in case I start to feel uncomfortable. Whether its an hour in a quiet room on my own, or enough money in my purse to get home. I have never needed to use these but the fact that it's there in my head helps me feel in control. Just plan a timeout for yourself each day on holiday and it may help to see you through each day. 

• Posted

Hi Michelle, you could ask your doctor about the propranalol you have started if you take a higher dose that would address the anxiety as well as the wired heart rate you had. It could have a dual benefit for you then. I would get her to check your bp first though(on the dose you are one, to make sure your bp isn't going too low already on the low dose). I have had lorazapem tablets in the past - 1mg but i often found splitting it with a pill splitter into just half a tablet was enough to help me sleep. I took it because i just couldnt switch off my brain some nights which stopped going to sleep. I only used them occasionally when needed. They are actually a tranquilizer but were prescribed for sleep when i couldnt switch off. xxx

• Posted

Stay away from valium Michelle, or anything that may take a hold on you, at least while you are taking tea and snacking you are happy. HRT is the way to go for all these awful symptoms - it is great today with far less side effects.

Good luck and happy holidaysmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.