Getting much better

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am now into week 6 fifth metatarsal fracture .I am walking with one crutch in about 2 more weeks going into a shoe  .I feel much better being able to get around more .  My boyfriend was away when all this happen and has now returned so he has been helping me a lot now .I am grateful as I loss my husband over 3 years ago .I am blessed to have found another good person in my life .I would tell anyone to follow your Dr's orders and I wish you the very best and a great recovery .  .As of now I am going on to enjoy everyday  this has be a great lesson learned for me. I want  to move forwad and enjoy everyday no more on the sidelines of life . Thanks for all your support while I was here .

Hugs Bailybiggrin

Hugs Baily biggrin

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi BailyBoo,

I am so happy you are doing so well after 2 wks. You are very blessed to have found another wonderful man and @ the same time I am so so sorry for the loss of your husband. I agree, though you may not agree with your Drs orders, he's not out to get you and knows more than you do!! I had mid-foot fusion of 1 & 2 metatarsal with a autolounous (self) graft from my ankle 2 wks ago. He put a splint on originally, I had an xray yesterday and he said I was doing everything right, ie..No Wt Bearing, elevate above the heart, pretty easy orders to follow. Xray looked great! You guys here helped me greatly with my pre-op prep tips, Thanks. We all forget how vauable and precious our time with our loved ones is. My sister lost her husband in a matter of minutes recently. She constantly tells me to stop and smell the roses. For me, attempted the kneewalker butI was not balanced enough. I use the w/c and walked. I am using the bed-side commode, which I use @ the bed side @ night, to assist me in getting into the shower since I have an 8"curb to get in. Best of luck, you sound as if you are on the right path!

Mary

• Posted

PS I missed spelled walker with walked, Big Oops!!

Mary

• Posted

Thank you Mary .  I  am now walking in sneakers around the house start week 8 tommorow hope to be walking outside in about another week .Thank you again for your kind words .

Hugs Baily

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.