Getting noticed

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys I was diagnosed with fibro last June and I was having major problems with pain and my legs kept giving well I was sure something else was going on so my remotoligist referred me for a electric tests on my nerves and muscles which showed they were badly damaged then I got a letter for remotoligist to say they didn't think it was fibro anyway I was supposed to have an operation on my shoulder that just ten minutes before going into theatre they cancelled because they said it was too dangerous as the nerve block they use could cause severe problems then they did another MRI on my legs and found that I have a lot of muscle wastage in my legs so now I have got have a muscle biopsy done as know they have found things really bad going on,while originally being treated for fibro I was put on pregablin now I'm 2 stone heavier so now I am being weaned off them and losing weight again but I beg of you if you think it's not just fibro you have make yourself here I will keep you posted of what the final diagnosed is I send my love to all and feel free to ask me anything love to you all xxxxx

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cherl,

you are quite right, we get fobbed off a lot with fibro. For some doctors it's an easy way out, and for others they just look at you squiff if you say you have fibro and send you away. We are fighting what seems to be a loosing battle, but it's good that are having other tests and hopefully they will be able to give you some answers.

hugs

• Posted

Hi cherl450  Its very interesting what youve said about your legs,and about muscel wastage. when I saw a physio 2 years ago he said my legs were wasteing away he could do nothing for me. I told my gp but no tests were offered or any referal to see some one. Please keep us informed to how you go on. Also Ive found since having fibro when Im unwell everything gets put down to fibro, when something else could be going on. I think its wrong how drs put everything down to fibro take care xx
    • Posted

Hi Kas yes ill keep you posted you should go to your doctors and demand a electric tests on your muscles and nerves well I'll keep you posted love to you all xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.