Getting off xanax

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, so this might be stupid but I'm on .25 mg of Xanax. I literally have been decreasing my dose slowly until now I'm down to splitting it in half and then in a half again, so I'm literally taking a quarter of the .25 a day. I'm also on fluoxetine... I was wondering I've been having weird feelings in the back of my head. Whether it's tingly, whether it's weird zap feelings, sometimes it hurts so bad for a second then goes away. Sometimes it's just sore.. It scares me so much. I've had it ever since I started fluoxetine with my Xanax pretty much. But lately I'm noticing the diff rent feelings even more... I'm trying to stop my Xanax altogether but I'm so scared of siezures or anything like that. I know that I'm on the lowest dose possible but it still scares me. Idk does anyone else feel these weird head feelings? Is it from the Xanax? Or probably from my Prozac? Idk but it makes me want to go get tests done cause what if it's a tumor or something crazy like that. And I'm scared it'll result to a siezure even tho there's no reason I could ever have one. Idk need some positive help!!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What does your doctor say, Mikaylaa?
    • Posted

My doctors say I can just stop since I'm on the lowest possible dose. I haven't told anyone about the withdrawals I've been having tho

• Posted

Please tell your doctor. It's important for them to know.

XXXXX

• Posted

Hi Mikayla... Actually, I would consider your 'weird feelings' normal! smile I very honestly believe that those feelings are psychological... I say that because I've 'been there, done that' more than once! I think you are doing a great job of the way you are cutting back slowly. Good for you.

One of the the things we do (but know we shouldn't) is to too often 'scan ourselves' about a 'how do I feel...am I ok...am I going to be ok..' etc and we tend to 'project ahead and worry needlessly. I WELL Know what that is like! smile No, no reason for siezuring at all... If you have an understanding Dr. ...IF...you think it will make you feel better, talk with him... Good luck. Let us know how you are doing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.