Getting sick..

Posted , 9 users are following.

4 weeks post-op. Getting a sore throat. I see white spots on my tonsils.. Should I go to the doctors?? Has anyone been sick after surgery? What did you do?

Danielle

Thanks!

3 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Snowgirl, I hope you feel better soon. I strongly suggest that you get to the doctors right away. I was told that infections can be very dangerous post op. Please let us now how it goes - Cindy
  • Posted

Mebe your body is still run down after the op which can lead to colds,flu, tonsilitis

​but ofcourse go to the expert the Doctor

• Posted

Thank you Cindy and Alex! Will probably go tomorrow!
  • Posted

hi danielle

Better be safe than sorry, as they say ... do you have a fever ?   maybe also have a look at your medication and see if one of the side effects is "flu like symptoms or sore throat" -

Feel better soon darling 

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Thanks Renee!

No no fever...just a sore throat and a few white spots...and I'm not taking medicine...just norco here and there when I get pain..

I'll see how I feel in the morning...let you guys know..

• Posted

Could be tonsilitus, glandular fever, or quincy, they all have white spots.  Go to the docs, it may be nothing but you don't want to take chances with infections.
  • Posted

Did you go to the doctors Danielle? Hope all ok 
    • Posted

Hi Bini!!

No I didn't go...I woke up and felt much better and the spots were almost gone...was gonna see how I feel today and no sore throat and they are gone! Thank goodness!! You never know tho!

Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.