getting there

Posted , 8 users are following.

Evening everyone,

hope everyones had a great day whatever stage you are at on the hippy wheel of fortune smile, just thought i'd check in while my cake is baking, seems all I do these days is bake (i'm turning into Delia smith ) so after finding out yesterday that my new hip is good and it's just bursitus, I piled on the voltorol cream and went shopping woo hoo lol, the ache seems better today, so alls good at the moment,

love to all, Lynne.

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

Excellent news Lynne, 

wish you could send some cake this way!   I'm resting before first physio appointment tomorrow (week 4). Really want them to be pleased with me.  

Laura 

• Posted

So glad to hear that Lynne think I'll do something quiet tomorrow like make a cake smile
  • Posted

Hi Lynne

Turns out I have Trochanteric bursitis too!  The surgeon has recommended an anti inflammatory injection under GA, hopefully by August. Hopefully that will sort all the pain out.

• Posted

I have had those injection and my results were wonderful!

💛 Dawn, USA

• Posted

well that's great , at least now like me you can get treatment, good luck,

stay safe,

Lynne x

• Posted

Glad to hear you are feeling more positive. I too feel better after having a session with my lady who does pilartis and movement without pain I've added in breathing exercises with some exercises she has given me. Also going to get a cushion wedge for my car seat that apparently is causing some of the pain. As long as I know it won't last then I'm okay. But the biggest help has been this forum and knowing that all these weird pains are not just my imagination.

hope everyone has a good night take care all

• Posted

Well put Christine! Of all the many positives this site has to offer, knowing I am not alone and knowing I am not making up all the little things are up near the top of my list.

💛 Dawn, USA

• Posted

Hi lynn

it does  us all good to hear positive posts. So glad to hear you are doing well.

I  am 2 weeks post op today and it is the first evening i can honestly say that I am not in pain. I ache a little, it's hurts when I do certain things but, i can sit here tonight, quite comfortably and no ice pack!  

I could not imagine that two days ago, I felt like it was going on forever, so you out there in the early stages hang on in there, the way I look at it is that the old pain was getting worse,the new pain is getting better every daty.

bought a new dress today to go to a 60th birthday party, a nice  long one to cover my lovely compression stockings- how I hate them. 

Hope you all in a good place

goodnight 

carol x

• Posted

what kind of cake are you baking ? should be done by now .... 

love to read all these messages - the bad ones and the good ones - our ups and downs --- it is so healing to be able to express your self and know that there will be understanding, support and love - no judgments whatsoever - it is a safe place ... love you all -

goodnight  

• Posted

Couldn't put it better!! Renee

I think I have become rather fond of everyone myself!! 

Love to read all the stories.  Better than a book sometimes. Can't always read, can't get comfortable for one, and my eyes are too tired, and I can't concentrate. There are only so many games you can play but I am glad to say I have had the best day yet. Two weeks today. First evening pain free, uncomfortable, but bearable 

goodnight, may you be comfortable in bed or chair,( I alternate all the time. ) 

carol💝x

• Posted

Have you ried the ice packs???? they are my favourite for getting rid of the pain and soreness. Yes it is lovely to read all the messages good and bad, make you laugh and cry sometimes but theres always son=meone there to help. Love Gillxx
    • Posted

Carol the first two weeks are the worst I found I came on quite rapidly after that. I am now 11 weeks post op. I.  Limp a little when getting up first from chair or bed, but it wears off. Yesterday I walked up to my local shops complete with stick, did the shopping, got nearly home and realised I had left the stick propped up against the counter! I had to go back and get it and the staff had a good laugh. I don't think I really need it but am too scared to go without it in case!! One thing I have noticed is that I don't walk as fast as I did before the hip trouble set in when I am outside, but trot about at a fair pace indoors. What causes that I wonder? Subconscious fear of falling or what? I have to say the foot paths are in an appalling state, I live in a village and don't think they have been mended in their lives. It's comforting to hear other people's experiences, I had bladder problems too, and thought it was old age creeping on, but now I am back to normal again. Was so relieved to read others had the same thing. We all should write a book about what to expect, I am sure it would comfort many a hippie at 2am.

Margaret

• Posted

Thanks margaret

thought I was going to have a good night but was wrong, never mind. 

As I always say onwards and upwards, lovely day, 

gently does it for me today 

carol🌻🌻

• Posted

hi margaret --- amazing what we start to notice when we get out again ... like the foot paths that are in terrible need of repair - or no ramps to help you with the walker or small and narrow steps - stores that do not provide trolleys .. there is one here in the village and I couldn't shop there pre-op - no way I could handle the cane and a basket and my purse and do the shopping ... npw I go in with my walker -

all those low shelves in the supermarket - I have no problem anymore with asking for help ... and fortunately there are always people around who are happy to help me -- but still ... I am sort of spoiled I think - having lived in Los Angeles for over 34 years I am used to have my groceries packed and if necessary taken to the car ... different out here - still not fast and doing a terrible job !! 

I love the idea of writing a book in which we each tell our story ... 

good night all

• Posted

I too have trouble reading and I believe fully that it is all the trauma my body has gone through as well as the pain medications and the sedative used for surgery and the natural fatique of it all.  Lately, four months out, I have been picking up a book and trying to force myself to focus and stop re-reading the same sentences!  Drives me batty!  But I will force myself to read again because I have a stack of books to read on how to prepare myself for handling my three adolescent granddaughters. {silent scream for help}

So today I thought that maybe I should begin my exercise of reading with a juicy romance story instead of all the parenting books.  Perhaps it would jump start me.

Dawn, USA

• Posted

good morning from Holland, Dawn .... LOL on the parenting books - well, not really - how old are they ? and 3 of them ... goodness .. 

enjoy reading the juicy bouquet romans --

warm hug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.