Getting worried Now...........................

Posted , 4 users are following.

I

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you want to have a discussion, please  elaborate what your worries are?
  • Posted

Sorry for the short intro. My internet was down for awhile. My cancer has spread to other areas and according to my Uroligist my prostrate is huge. I can't afford any of those high price treatments. So my doctor wants me to ungrow a complete surgical castration. In reading this book I found out that latter after the surgery maybe a few months of years that your chance of havind a heart attacks and strokes become relative high compared to other forms of treatment. The only reason I am thinking of getting castrated is to diminish the production of testerone once and for all. But with my cancer spreading to other areas the growth of the cancer may already found  another sourse of food ,so to speak, and continue to grow. I want to live at least 5 more years without a lot of expense for medical issues so I can save moey for my wife and her son. I am worried that maybe that wont happen with this surgery, though it is pretty commom treatment.

• Posted

My heart goes out to you. What an absolutely horrible situation to find yourself in. The NHS has many problems, but we in the UK are so lucky not to have financial factors limiting our choices. I don't know what to advise, I can only offer compassion and sympthy.

• Posted

In the uk they usually give chemical castration. Meaning hormones. This can give many men many years as it stops the production of testosterone. I've read of men living 10-15 years on hormones. But others have found they don't work. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.