Gfr of 46

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi my gfr kidney function has been stable of 52 for years but had a uti a month ago and just had blood test and its now down to 46 is this normal ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Jackie, it might just be the after effects of the recent UTI or even the medication to treat it.  However, are you sure that is completely cleared?  Drink plenty of water and then get the blood test repeated for reassurance, or at least to ensure that it is now at least stable at the reduced figure.
    • Posted

My gp is going to arrange an appt for me to see a kidney specoalist in the next few weeks just to be on the safe side thanks for ur help was really worried
  • Posted

Hi,

I would agree with Mrs O, the UTI its self can cause the drop or the meds used in treatment.

• Posted

Hi Helen thanks for the reply it has never gone down that much before just waiting for appt with the kidney dr 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.