Given up

Posted , 4 users are following.

I can't keep anything down can't deal with this pain just wishing deyhrastion would kill me aready only day 2 unable to keep anything down but I don't want this life anymore just lying in bed crying in sever pain that can't never get control of was in a and e yesterday because of it and surgical changed there mind one minute surgon telling me get me in fluids and to the the ward next they are phoning down saying I can go home a and e doctor said if I can't cope with the pain can come back down but what's the point anymore

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm so sorry you are going through this pain. I know it's very very hard. I cannot relate with the pain you have.

The only thing I can say is don't give up and be strong. I'm sure one day they will find the cure to your illness you just need to wait. Don't lose hope!

• Posted

Thanks for reply hunbas

They have gave up done every test possible pain killers don't help can't even keep liquids down been 5 years like this

• Posted

I'm so sorry....

I wish I could have helped you....

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you hunbas I know myself I need to get fluids through the vain because this is my health but not going back down as don't see the point in trying to get help anymore

• Posted

Try an all liquid diet including nutrition drinks
  • Posted

I can relate to your pain, Hon. I have something called chronic Ptostatitis and I have been in pain now for the last 61/2 years. The Drs. don't no what to do and they have no answers. In other words the medical profession is very cold !! I wish I could help you, but I too don't know what to do. I DO know how you feel- this you may know. I have the same feeling and emotions as you. It makes you want to give up and yet we have an insticnt to survive or make it through one more day. Is this the way to live? I don't know, its the only thing people like you and I have. We say to ourselves " If I can just make it through one more day ". Maybe the next day an answer will come for us. You take care of yourself, dear. If you do need someone to talk to " I am Here " I DO know exactly how you feel.

Steve 

• Posted

Thanks Steven I am only hear because there is kids in the family way to young to understand but now I feel it would be better for myself and them if I was gone them seeing me suffer not just because the pain I can't even keep fluids down so eating deyhrated and more times I get deyhrated more my only kidney will get effected ready having problem with that now but how I see of if I die with deyhrastion I die don't want to go back down there now tried to get help yesterday but surgical was admitting me and going to put me on fluids but now have changed there minds

• Posted

I do know how you feel, Dear. The medical profession is no help at all. You keep the Faith, ok.

Steve

• Posted

I have no faith at all every day I think about taking all my painkillers I can't cope anymore I know a and e said if I can't cope with the pain I can come back down but I don't see the point

• Posted

I know how you feel, Cara. I have the same feelings everyday too myself. I have had them for many years. Yet i am still here. Maybe it is the will to survive, I don't know. I don't like my life, but I think always that something may be around the corner. Your going to have to have strength. You are not alone!! 

• Posted

I feel such alone right now doctors don't understand if they could feel the pain I am in with painkillers not working and being unable to keep anything new down they would understand how it is

• Posted

I know Exactly how you feel. That's how the drs. are with my prostatitis. They tell me that there is nothing they can do for me. They won 't even try. BUt, if they get it someday, than maybe somebody will try. They don't know. They don't even have a clue. I Know How You Feel.!!!!!! We never thought our lives would take a turn like this, did we? It makes you wonder. The world, I think, used to be a compassionate place. But with the advent of technology it seems to be getting colder and colder everyday. I think you and I could be in each others skin. We Both know how the other feels.!!

• Posted

Just been seen by a doctor kept alittle down for half hour but came up been given antibiotic but couldn't keep it down got told phone back if I can't but not walking all the way back down again killed me just now

Phoned nhs only to see if I can take an extra one off dose of pain med was my own gp doctor that phoned me but he wanted me to be seen gdoc said no to one off dose even though tablet was on 40mg ever 4 hours now now on liquid form of my morphin but only 10mg 4 times a day but hey ho will think about phoning my gp tomorrow they have tried so much but I really think I need iv fluids and iv antibiotics last time I could keep anything down was in hospital they never driped me ended up with a kidney infection for 3 week

Waiting to see chronic pain team seen them once before and said try this patch numbs the area and that's all we can do then seen them again recently as an in Paitent and they put me on morphin patch and told again that's all they can do

• Posted

Cara

It is no good being a slave to your condition, get yourself back down to A and E.

they seem to want to help.

Good Luck let us know how you get on 

BOB

• Posted

A and e can't do anything sugical refused me yesterday be the same today

• Posted

Sorry Cara I thought they had asked you to possibly return.

I do not know why you are suffering pain, I have a chronic condition that involves Chronic Pain and I have been like this now for thirty years. I take Tramadol and Amytrptalene for the associated nerve damage in my hands feet and spine. I just had an operation on my right hand, they split the tendon to one of my fingers so it can be painful until it fully heals. I have been to pain clinic can I help you

BOB

• Posted

They said if I want to I can come back but they can't do anything sugical doctor declined me because it's my health I need to be put on that ward but right I am struggling but painkillers don't work but I have sockolorgy on Tuesday so try cope till then

• Posted

Try a glass of milk that may help get something on your tummy

Anything to get some fluid into you.

Good Luck with your appointent Tuesday, let us know How You get on

BOB

• Posted

Manage to keep some water down joys of health get something stuck all the time now it's getting to courage to take my pain killers and anti depressant want to take them

All

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.