Glad it's done

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had my colonoscopy done this morning and I'm so pleased it's over with.  My grandma died of colon cancer and I've just discovered a Rectocele and have been having strange bowl changes.  I got my appointment through three weeks ago and have been so anxious since receiving it but I'm glad it's over.  I read positive stories and bad stories on Mr Google so I thought I would tell you mine to reassure anyone reading.  I started Moviprep yesterday at half four at evening and took two hours slowing drinking first lot then two hour gap then half eight the next lot.  I made sure I used a straw right at the back of the throat and stored it in the fridge to keep it cold.  I stored in fridge lime cordial mixed the 500ml it said to drink per one litre of Moviprep.  I never thought it would run clear it was brown for a long time God and the noises my stomach made but it went yellow in the end and then over night I went four times to the loo it went clear,  I got to hospital half eight this morning at Castle Hill, Cottingham and had observations done and changed into shorts and gown.  I had sedation but if I'm honest it didn't work, I rolled onto my right side for the consultant for the corners but it wasn't nice but I think stubbing your toe is worse.  He took biopsies and I go back to see consultant in six weeks.  No polyps found.   Stayed for two hours, biccies and coffee and came home with husband.  He's gone back to work good job I've had bad wind not painful though but I do like my privacy with loo issues and wind lol.  The staff will make you so comfortable, they were wonderful always are and the nurse held my hand without me asking her.  I feel we are very brave going through with this and deserve a pat on our backs.  In reception I heard two cancelling and not re booking i did feel like this but I'm glad I went through with.

Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well done Sue.  All over and done with now for you, and what is a bit of discomfort etc. if it can find early signs and possibly save your life.

I think everyone that has this procedure goes through their own personal fears, but really we are so fortunate that this is available.

Hope all your news is reassuring when you see the consultant.

j x

• Posted

Hi Sue

Glad you got on ok....if they saw anything suspicious they would have told you there and then...although obviously you have to wait for the biopsy results. Re the seadtion when you say it didn`t work....i bet it did!...but you don`t actually realise its working and calming you down...thats why its called "conscious sedation"...best wishes....

• Posted

hi sue,thats great that your colonscopy is done and its fine i have mine colonscopy done 2 weeks ago i have a problem of soft stools some time un digested vegis in it as i search on Google dr google poop out cancer i am very nevrous and scared i discuss with gastro doc he say to me i young for any kind of bad disease but i insist for colonscopy bcoz i eat water melon and my stool become red so i was scared thats why i change my doc and finally the other doc do colonscopy for me though sedation didnot work on me i hve a high blood pressure before colonscopy 144/97-----i am 30 year old nurse ask me why my bp is so high which i explain that i am scared and nervous may be because of that sedation didnot work on me to but make me calm-----i see while doc is doing colonscopy hardly it take 3 to 5 mins as i don,t remember may be because of sedation but i didnot sleep my eyes is open------the doc say that there is nothing found in colonscopy its norml but he didnot take biopsy don,t know why i talk to him in detail he say there is no need to be afraid and i have ibs--------i have acid reflux by which the taste of my mouth some time change and also feel burps and scared and feel like i have heart attack i have done endoscopy 2 months ago  that is also clear-------------------well my friend to has done colonscopy 1 month ago his one is also clear doc didnot take biopsy and same  like me in your colon there is no polyp thinking why he take biopsy for test? may be bcoz of ur grand ma died from colon cancer-----is the wall of ur colon is normal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.