Gland removal, major problems need help, please.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had duct on my right side get blocked and swell up it wasn't painful but was very enlarged. I was pregnant at the time and after having the baby and waiting 10 months the swelling didn't go down. I had just had a carcinoma removed so my doctor being worried something else might be going on opted to remove the gland. This is where everything went wrong.

Once they began surgery they couldn't control or stop the bleeding. And everytime they tried to close the area I would continue to bleed heavily. Finally they got it under control enough to stitch me close. And I was sent home that day. I continued to bleed extremely heavily for the next two week and had to be put on iron tablets.

Now the bleeding has finally stopped but as each day passes I am in more pain. I am now 8 weeks post surgery. I constantly drip and leak fluid from the right side. I have take two courses of anti biotics. The smell of the fliud leaking out sometimes is ok other days it is horrible. My doctor says it is normal to be leaking fluid and could continue for 4 months. But nothing about this seems normal. If I hold a mirror there you can see it dripping from the right side the leakage is so heavy. With no gland on that side anymore how can it possibly making so much fluid still? And if I don't help remove the fluid daily the entire right side of my vagina swells up with the pressure so I can barely even walk the next day.

Please has anyone else experienced anything like this after gland removal?

Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feelgood pain, I had my left gland removed just over 8 weeks ago and I too and still in pain. I bleed really bad but this was once I was stitched up resulting in a hematoma the size of a only way yo describe a computer mouse, I was black and blue, the hematoma apparently has now gone but I am left with a solid lump the size of a walnut and still cannot sit down properly, I'm using a swimming ring so I can drive. I had burning down there and my doctors wiped their hands off me as I went private. Loads of antibiotics but nothing helped, my surgeon then advised that my pain is down to my nerves and will take a while to get back to normal. If I'd of know this would happen I would never if had it done.

With what your experiencing to me it doesn't sound normal as like you said the gland has now gone unless there is still something inside that is still producing the fluid. It may be normal as your doctor says but if it were me I'd go back for a second opinion, I kept going back to my docs 4 times as I was worried about this this and the other. They are there to help and you are in so much pain it is not fair. I was prescribed volterol suppositories to place in my bottom to numb the area to make it more comfortable and now I'm on gabapentin to block the pain receptors in my brain to ease the nerve pain, they were going to give me amitriptyline but as I had gabapentin at home already they let me use them. Just ask the doctor if these might help but definitely a second opinion is called for.

Good luck

• Posted

Where are you located? Yes go get a second opinion. I am 3 weeks post op and back to normal aside from tenderness.
  • Posted

Get a second opinion. I am 6 weeks post op with very little pain/tenderness and never had discharge like that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.