Glaucoma?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Diagnosed  2 years ago taking eyedrops since, except for last 6 months. I've always been suspect of the diagnosis, the most recent exam Dr said eye pressue dropped to 12 from high of 15. But I haven't taken the eye drops in 6 months. I'm thinking of second opi ion, hang the costs, but I need it done quickly not over a period of months and repeated tests with that ivp machine. Thoughts?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Surely if your pressure is 12 to 15 and you have not taken drops for 6 months, your eyes must be okay. Do they want you to continue with drops? I was diagnosed with high pressure about a year ago. Had laser, which helped for a few months. Then drops for 2 months. Drops ran out and it's been 3 weeks, and my pressure is 14 to 15, and they have told me there is no need to continue with drops. Just come and check again in 2 months or so. My doc says no need to treat if nothing to treat. 

• Posted

Good for you. If the pressure dropped down without even taking drops then obviously not something you need to worry about at least for now i feel ..Taking a second opinion is worth considering..One question to ask do you have a thin cornea? I was wondering as to why they even put you as even glaucoma suspect? Any surgeries in past? Hopefully optic nerve assessments have also been done?

Good luck

• Posted

15 is not very high, in fact I believe it is very normal.    I was not put on drops until it was about 29, and that was 20 years ago.      Even on drops, it hovered between 20 and 25, but I decided to stop drinking alcohol a year ago and it has now fallen to 15 and 22.     I can see very well.
  • Posted

Congratulations for wonderful results. Second opinion is required to further confirm it.
  • Posted

From everything I have ever read, and been told, a pressure of 15 is absolutely normal!     Anything below 20 is normal according to the London hospital that I attended all these years.     Mine has only dropped below that level once in 26 years, it has mostly been up between 22 and 28, occasionally 32 to 34.      Since quitting alcohol completely a year ago, it has gone down to 14 and 22, but at 72, I can still see very well! 
    • Posted

Yes, one Azopt in each eye at about 0800, then one in each of Azopt at about 2030, followed by one in each of Lumigan at 2100.      I believe the Lumigan it just to ensure it doesn't rise too high in the night!     I don't even need glasses generally, but need them for reading, and fine work.     I built this, so when you realise the size when comparing it to  the pen, you will appreciate that I can see OK.   I am almost 73 now!      

• Posted

Wow. Good to know that your eyesight is still fine after 20 years. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.