Glaucoma

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have wide angle Glaucoma for the last one year. I have tried various eye drops. Ultimately now I am using only Travatan once a day in the evening. Earlier also ,I did use it for about 2 months and my IOP was 18 each eye. Again this time after using it for 3 weeks it was the same. My IOP initially when Glaucoma was diagnosed was 23 each eye. Any one else who have used only Travatan and how were its results? Is it alright to be satisfied with 18 each eye or should it be lower? the problem is that no other eye drops brought my IOP considerably down except CO-Dorzal (Dorzolomide 2%+Timolol 0.5%) which brought my IOP down to 12 each eye but the problem was that it reduced my heart rate to 50 PM and even lesser at times. Hence left it after using for 1 month.

My eye sight was quite reasonable about a year back and it is OK even now.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

IOP of 18 is a good thing.

I have been diagnosed with angle closure glaucoma 2 months ago, they first gave me a lot of drops but IOP just went back up to 39.

They put me on travatan, brimonidine and Timol that brought down my IOP to 16. I had no side effects other than the brimonidine causing itchy red.

I'm only on corsopt/ Timol preservative free twice a day and monoprost at night, my IOP has been varied 19 - 20.

Side effect has been dry eyes

• Posted

An iop of 18 may or may not be okay.  It all depends on your field of vision test results.  If you are maintaining an iop of 18, and your field of vision test shows that you are loosing cells, then 18 is not okay and it would need to be lower.  Your doc should be able to tell you how much lower.
    • Posted

Thanks for your response. Actually my initial views about using Travatan are 3 months old. For the last over two months, I am using Travatan once a day and Azopt twice a day. My IOP came down 15 each eye. However 2 weeks back it was 18/17. I am closely watching the effects of the eye drops being used by me at present. I do hope my IOP again gets down to 15 each eye.
    • Posted

I hope it does too, 15 is a dandy measurement.  Eye drops are not noted for sustainability though, that is why the docs are always making changes.  Still 18/17 is not alarming, but it might not be good enough.  My left eye does not show signs of glaucoma and it has measured 16-17-18 regularly for some years and it is still a healthy eye.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.