Globus and swollen tongue

Posted , 8 users are following.

Wow I have so much more peace reading what everyone is going through even though it breaks my heart because I know how hard it is to live with. Xo

I've only been dealing with this for a couple of months. Showed up randomly after giving birth to my second little guy along with some other strange things that could be to hormonal changes? :S bringing on stress and anxiety and maybe leading to Globus.

BUT someone please help me with this part! My tongue is swollen. Literally. At first I thought it was in my head, part of the anxiety but I actually have teeth marks on the sides and it cuts my tongue. Also very dry all the time. I swear if it wasn't for the grave of God I would be going insane right now. It's so debilitating and makes me cry at least once a day.

Anyone experience a swollen tongue as well??

Thank you and I pray peace for everyone going through this!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I hear you. I  have all the symptoms you mentioned about Globus Sensation.I had this early this Feb  together will all of many life's issues. I could go on for every sordid details I could possibly think of.Went to the GP and undergone several tests which came negative and nothing worked for me.I am very grateful for the wonderful people who helped me here.Tongue is swollen and with teeth marks what I did was Vit B12 drops for  a month cause there's Vit B12 injections . Chemist actually explained to me tongue marks are due to nutritional deficiencies.What I do is warm compress on the affected area mine's on right side.When I take  ashower I run the water through it. Exercises like blowing kisses to the ceiling. Don't worry to much as it will only worsen it.I also have this popping sound when I swalllow which is according to my GP aEustachian Tube  Dysfunction.

Wnated to try accupuncture as the Chinese said this has something to do with imbalance of chemicals in your liver.

I am on the verge of losing my marbles thinking of this condition.

Keep your mind at ease by turning your attention to  your wee son. Could give you all the reading materials i gathered myself through pm of course.

Take a deep breathe. I'm just a message away.

• Posted

Thank you so much this has really helped me. I also replied to your pm. I wonder even though my b12 was high if I should try to increase it for a while. I think it's hard to overdose on b12. I do also have that clicking popping thing but it doesn't happen when I swallow only when I move my throat a certain way I can make it happen :S
  • Posted

Hi, go back to see what "old doctor" has told about "globus"

0ld doctor

• Posted

Thank you! I immediately saw your post after I posted mine. Gave me a lot more peace thank you so much.
  • Posted

WENT TO ER THEY SAID I HAD ACID REFLEX THIS ALL STARTED THE DAY I QUIT SMOKING COLD TURKEY EVER SINCE THEN WITH 4 DAYS I LOST 5 POUNDS CANT EAT FEEL STOMACH UPSET GO TO DR ON MONDAY DOCTOR TELLS ME THAT I HAVE GLOBUS SENSATION WELL IF ITS TRUE HOW COME THEY CANT EXPLAIN WHY DO I HAVE LUMPS AT THE END OF MY TONGUE TOWARDS THE THROAT AREA IF THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANK I WOULD DEARLY APPRECIATE IT
    • Posted

Hi... I've had the same symptoms for months now. Did you manage to get any help?

• Posted

Sorry no one has gotten back to you, the tongue thing is new to me and havent seen it on here before - people get the sensation the tongue is bigger maybe during some panic attack or anixety episode but not physically getting better.

Have you spoken to your local doctor? Could it be a reaction to something? Or dehyrdation etc etc. 

I can however sympathise with the debilitating feeling it can cause though - thats what the globus did to me so just push on and learn to re-focus your thoughts so you can easily move on when it comes in to your head. The mind is strong! 

Best of luck - hope things are getting better for you.

• Posted

Get checked for diabetes and also ridges on tongue could be from dehydration. I get the ridges from dehydration and am also diabetic . I have had a few cuts but I think it was from too much acidic fruits.
  • Posted

I am experiencing this now iv had a swollen tongue for 3 months! Started when I was 7 months pregnant! No one has an answer, all bloods/thyroid etc normal. It hurts to talk and even when my mouth is closed it just hurts, iv tried antihistamines, drinking plenty of water, stopped using toothpaste incase of a reaction nothing helps. It's ruining my life as I don't want to talk to anyone because it feels like when you go to the dentist and have something done and it's hard to talk and that's what I sound like because my tongue has got swollen, I also have the teeth marks on both sides. It's driving me mad .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.