Gluten free bread

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi have been on Gluten free bread now for a month and no flare as yet. Also have been taken Acidophilus tablets from H&B which is also helping. Has anyone noticed putting on weight because of this condition? Or is it the bread? Any ideas.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I try to eat gluten free bread and have moved to other gluten free products like flours and other GF products. I also take acidophilus, pukka aloe vera juice sometimes, Aspalls apple cider vinegar, turmeric as they are all natural anti-inflammatories (the pukka aloe juice is the only one I've found WITHOUT sugar or the nasty gut damaging sweeteners in e.g.aspartame etc.) I've found I have struggled much more than usual to lose weight with this condition.perhaps it's the not being able to eat at times means that one over indulges at others. Also bread of any kind will pile on the pounds unfortunately!

• Posted

Hello

Yes since I've been diagnosed with diverticular disease I have put on weight I don't know perhaps the food doesn't digest as well as it should

• Posted

I lost weight from not eating bread hate this illness comes on with out warning and feel so depress
  • Posted

Can't remember the last time I ate a proper knife and fork dinner.

I used to have no problem losing a few pounds, now, i  can weigh more after

sleeping all night .  Acidophilus is the guardian Angel .who keeps me pain free.

Don't know what the answer is,,,, of course,,,, there is no one to help,,, or ask

about this.except  US !!!!!

• Posted

Hi

I have been diagnosed with Diverticular disease now for about a year first time I had a stigmoidoscopy I was shocked when I saw just how many Diverticular there were. Had about two lots of antibiotics and went on a high fibre diet that cleared up and was fine for about six months. At the beginning of this year I had another flare up and the doctor gave me antibiotics, felt fine then another flare up after a week then again given antibiotics felt fine then another and this went on for about three months and after my fourth set of antibiotics I said enough is enough and went on a bowel rest for a few days low fibre diet clear soups and practically starved myself (I wouldn't advocate anyone doing this, but I was desperate). Slowly am beginning to get back to normal, I'm still exhausted which my partner finds hard to accept he just thinks I'm being lazy. I've cut out most fibre from my diet, eating chicken fish, tinned fruit, have felt a lot better since finding this discussion thread on here and taking advice from people that are living with this. Am taking a haliborange a day plus h&b acidophilus 20 billion and a laxido if needed and am feeling much better. I did my own research into this disease there's quite a bit online if you do a deep dive, and my hugs and heart goes out to anyone living with this. X

• Posted

Welcome  Monique , you have found the MOST important little

helper Acidophilus   2  a day, i have been using it since last September when I had a burst abcess ,and missed the theatre by a whisker .

I eat eggs .done anyway,   Lots of sites for you to browse 

try Divi Diners forum  lots on there  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.