Good and bad days ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been on antidepressants for 6 weeks and feel my mood is lifting slowly and I have more motivation and energy. However I still get bad days and it's like 2 steps forward and one step back! Today I can't stop crying and feel so negative. Does anyone else feel like this when on early stages of AD? I feel like I will never get better again and this makes me more anxious. PLEASE HELP ME

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

All this is 'normal'. Try to remain positive. 

Feeling as tthough you will never get better is also part of AD and it is just the mind playing tricks that is all.

Focus on positive, pleasant things avoiding tv or papers if they contain negative issues etc.

• Posted

I am in the same boat hun !! Wondering if i should up my dose x
  • Posted

Absolutely normal during early therapy and by early i mean the first 9 months or so smile sometimes longer depending on your coping mechanism and previous history.

Even once you are done with therapy you will have highs and lows. It is just that they will not totally consume you anymore smile

Accept the good and the bad, don't think of this as some abnormal occurence and just let it be.

As long as you are still making steps forward, you are healing. xxx

• Posted

Give the medication time to work, if you are beginning to get relief that is great.

Now it is just a matter of time and you will be able to move on

Regards crying, many sufferers go through an emotional rollarcoaster so yo are no different to most sufferers.

Consider the positive an forget the negative feelings that have brought you down

BOB

• Posted

Progress is progress Karen .. So dont beat your self up about it. 

You are doing good... Try not get disheartened about the one step back.

It wont happen overnight and just think how much better you feel than 6  weeks ago.

Have you any coping skills to help you through the rougher patches to help with the anxiety?

Get some fresh air, drink plenty of fluids and get as much sleep as you can. Your body and mind heal when your sleeping:

Can you listen to some guided postive affirmations and some guided mindful meditation , i found this really beneficial on my road to recovery.

I am 95%  better now Karen ... so dont give up hope there is life after anxiety.

You are strong and you can do this xx

• Posted

It is the recovery coming but take it easy, continue with whatever you are doing as it seems to be working, dont rush anything just flow with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.