good morning

Posted , 24 users are following.

Thanks to everyone for their kindness and good wishes. Surgery went well but he found a couple of things that weren't expected. There was small crack in the top of the tibia which will require me to wear an immobilizer and use a walker for a couple of weeks. I will only be allowed to use just a toe touch method of walking during that time. Before surgery I discussed the scar tissue that was left from the steel late and screws he found a few inches of muscle that was fused to the bone and wouldn't move causing a lot of pain. His explanation made a lot of sense. He said he just sliced it off the bone so ur can heal properly but it will probably create as much discomfort as the knee but will stop the pain that it had been causing and heal properly. Well, I just hit the button for for the pain meds to kick in so better stop Before the spell starts looking like a 6 yr old. Thanks again for the well wishes

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That's great news. Enjoy the pain meds while they last. All sounds positive for you. We all have everything crossed for your recovery xx
  • Posted

So lovely to hear  from you so soon, this will be it one, they'll have you sorted properly, crossing every thing, you enjoy those pain med 😘👍
  • Posted

Glad you came though op well.   Onwards and upwards and hope  the pain is less every day for you xx
  • Posted

Glad all went well. Hope you are soon fighting fit and back to doing what you do so well. giving us all excellent advice. You need to rest and let us spur you on. Thinking of you with love. X
  • Posted

That sounds great. Hope pain meds kick in.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sasrah xx

• Posted

Lovely to hear so soon how you are, you are one brave man and I hope this op will be the making of you.. Take your meds we are  all behind you wishing you well.XX
  • Posted

Yehhhh OFG good to hear from ya keep on keeping on lol and keep ur spirits up x x
  • Posted

Back on this forum already - proud of you! Glad op is over, now take time to recover - we are all here ready to offer any advice and support we can (makes a change that it's that way round doesn't it lol!). Take every pain relief medication they offer you!! Xx 
  • Posted

Good to hear from you OFG!  Glad it went well and they have an explanation for the problem.  Y know what to do, go with it and hope this is the start of a new pain free chapter for you. I really appreciated the advice you gave me, I am now about 14 weeks post op and going on holidays next week to menorca and then back to work.....boo hoo. But you are an inspiration! X
  • Posted

Great to hear from you, you sound your usual optimistic self ! you have supported us all for many weeks, let us do the same for you now. Take your own advice, !(meds /hydration etc) and take all the help and rest you can get. best wishes and a virtual big hug
  • Posted

Glad all went well,   Best wishes from Australia. 
  • Posted

I am so pleased it has all gone ok for you.  Now you need to take your own good advice - rest, hydrate, medicate, ice and elevate.  You have kept me going for the last 10 months and I sincerely thank you for that.  Best of luck to you xxx
  • Posted

Back on the forum within hours of the op . . amazing!  Hope the problems they found have been successfully sorted. .  .more time in an immobiliser is not good news, but at least it look as if you are on your way to recovery . . .Hope all goes well in this post operative time!
  • Posted

Great to hear from you so soon!  Sorry to hear about the problems, but at least they found them and hopefully you'll make a good successful recovery this time.  Make the most of the meds and if you need any advice ................... well, I don't know who you'll have to ask!!!  Take care and look after yourself. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.