Good Things

Posted , 6 users are following.

At long last my hydrotherapy appointment has come through. Six sessions starting week after next.

had to do an emergency stop this morning! Pleased to say I was quick, no after effects. I know I practiced before I stared driving again that I practiced but it is good to know that I can do as and when needed

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Maggie I have had 4 sessions now of hydroterapy. I love them. Just half an hour in the water is so beneficial and the excersises are so much easier with the booyancy. One thing I will say though is that they are very tiring, all I want to do when I come home is rest and drink for a couple of hours (only water) smile then I'm ok smile.
    • Posted

Hope I will be able to cope with work after. They are lunchtime appointments at the hospital where I work!
  • Posted

Hi Maggie, I would love hydrotherapy where did you discover these lessons and how long post op are you?

• Posted

I had the op on April. Afterwards my walk was so bad I went to the GP to ask for extra physio as just had basics in hospital and given an exercise sheet on discharge. He referred me and I then asked for hydrotherapy, the physio referred me. Perhaps best to ask your GP direct. 
    • Posted

What part of the country are you in Maggie? I think Gill is in Norfolk. I would love to have hydrotherapy after my operation, I'm a swimmer and am really looking forward to getting back in the water, but do not know how trust specific the practice of hydrotherapy referral is. 
  • Posted

I wish you the best and hope you heal up fast! Have a great day Maggie!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.