Got a date.....

Posted , 7 users are following.

No, not that kind of date! (Hubby wouldnt like it lol)

Ive got my date for my 2nd TKR!! Pre-op on October 26th, and Surgery on October 29th!

I go to Egypt for 2 weeks on 26th September, so will only have a couple of weeks to wait when I get home.

Know much better than last time what to expect - not sure if thats a good thing or not lol! 

So feeling a little nervous, but will be sooo happy to get rid of this OA pain for good!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I admire you Terri. I need my second knee done, doctor mentioned that when i saw him last week. I am not ready yet. Like you say knowing what to expect is actually a bit off-putting.

Have a great holiday though and come back all determined to get it over with and back to normal in record time.

• Posted

So pleased for you terri hopefully I won't be far behind you having x rays done November 13th hope you enjoy your holiday are you still using the tape x
    • Posted

Thanks Sharon

I am still using the tape - the last time I applied it, I got one of the strips slightly out of place. Goodness me, I could tell the difference! 

Fingers crossed you wont have to wait too long for your op xx

• Posted

Ooh good luck Terri, I'm not sure if knowing what to expect is a good thing or not!  I made an appointment with my GP to get the ball rolling for my oth knee.  Was hoping to leave it a year, but doubt I can.  At least we are prepared for what's ahead, which I wasn't for the first one.  Have a lovely holiday and relax about it. X
    • Posted

We know when the time is right, dont we? I wasnt expecting to have the 2nd one done so soon, as I had hardly any symptoms in it before my TKR on the other one, but now its totally buggered, and to be perfectly honest its ruining my life. So Im hopefully going to have a lovely relaxing holiday (brilliant Gym that I can use every day if I want) and then a couple of weeks to sort out the house and Ill be good to go!

Good luck and fingers crossed for you, hope you make quick progress! xx

• Posted

Just the thought of a long plane ride with a bad knee brings back the horrible memories of a trip from minneapolis to Tokyo to seoul so korea. I was told to walk every hour but due to weather over canada and part of Alaska we were nailed to our seats for the 1st 3 hrs. I thought it was going to take the entire cabin crew to get me out of my seat. This was in April before my 1st tkr in came in oct. Good luck.
    • Posted

Wow, that sounds like a horrible experience! Im (hopefully, weather permitting!) planning on having a little wander around the cabin every hour or so, and if all else fails I have my pain meds to see me through. 

5 1/2 hours doesnt sound too long when you say it quickly....when we booked it, I had no idea that my knee was going to have deteriorated to this extent - with hindsight I should have hung on a bit but hey ho, such is life. 

• Posted

Glad you have your date, Terri.

With regard to Egypt, watch yourself for infections...it's well known for dodgy tummies.  I seriously believe (from my experience a few years ago)that people get ill as they touch the money...the smaller notes are filthy. Make sure that you carry hand-cleanser with you all of the time.  You want to be fully fit when you have your next Op ;-)

Wishing you all the best.

Patsy

• Posted

Thanks Patsy, we spent a week in Egypt a couple of years back, and both had a dodgy tummy for 24 hours, but apparantly even the locals were coming down with it so maybe Norovirus or something similar....but youre right, the money was disgusting!

In any case, Ive been stocking up on anti-bac hand cleanser, and it will be with me at all times! Cant have anything jeopordising my op! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.