Got my first counselling session this morning

Posted , 2 users are following.

The referrals finally come through! However I'm a bit peed off. My usual doctor is a five minute bus journey from work, the practice has a sister practice that's two bus journeys away and they've arranged my counselling to be there! Considering part of my anxiety is travelling alone, this has got me worked up sad

My boyfriend is able to take me today, and I'm gonna have to tell them I need it in my usual practice or I'm simply not doing it, and I'll have to rearrange it through work. I just don't know why they've changed it, it's so pointless!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry that despite finally getting the counselling you have been presented with such a huge stumbling block from the outset.

It's always incredibly frustrating when you are offered help but it is made difficult, you have the problem of being afraid to travel alone and the counselling is beneficial but not if it's going to make you worked up before you even get there.

I really hope they take your fears into consideration and offer you counselling closer to home so you can actually get there x

• Posted

Thank you.

Thankfully she was totally understanding and just as confused as me as to why they arranged it for the surgery up there so she's going to get it changed, she did say it may take a little longer but she would assure them that I was at the top of the list. I'd much rather wait and have it in my usual surgery though.

• Posted

That's good to hear, even if it means waiting a bit longer it will be more beneficial to you because you can get there and will feel more relaxed during your sessions too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.