Gradually feeling more zoned out over years. Time flies by.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 20 years old and I have been dealing with some sort of issue that I am unsure of the cause. I got sick with I was 12 or 13 and woke up feeling kind of zoned out. Almost as if there were a barrier between me and real life (as weird as it sounds that's my best description). I figured it was just part of me being sick and that it would go away but it hasn't. It just gets progressively worse. I don't notice it getting worse on a day to day basis but when I think back a year ago I know how much more 'here' I felt than I do now. I had a CT scan and an MRI and both came back good. My memory is starting to go to crap. I can't hardly remember what happened yesterday, and it feels like my day consists of waking up and then going back to bed because of how fast time flies. It's quite scary. My blood tests only showed that I was dehydrated but I am unsure of what all they tested for. Any ideas what this may be?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This is anxiety. And the feeling you have is one of the symptoms of it and it called derealization and i had it before with my anxiety and i still have it from time to time. You need to see a psych for that matter it is not dangerous but it is scary and annoying i understand.
    • Posted

It's been 24/7 ever since that day. Is it supposed to come and go? Because it's always here.

• Posted

I had it before 24/7. But i went to a psych and i am under treatment and now it comes and goes
    • Posted

Okay I am going to a psych as well. But he says he doesn't think that I have it.

• Posted

Because no one feel mental issues if he or she did not take a taste of it
  • Posted

Did you have your thyroid checked? Magnesium, potassium an calcium checked. Im assumming you are male, have you had your hormones checked? Testosterone, etc.. Vit D level checked an B-12 checked. I know its alot of tests but at least it wont be fr a deficiency. I'm so sorry at young age you are dealing with this. Exercises. I mean it. Don't let yourself get bored am meander about negative thoughts. Be active somehow. It incredibly hard. I have Generalized Anxiety disorder and depression. Im on Citolopram 20mg for 5 wks. Still rough. This is med #7. My psychiatrist said alot of peoplehave a gene mutation where their body doesn't metabolise Folic acid (which norm people go on to produce L-methylfolate) to L-methylfolate which helps with Seratonin, norepinephrine an dopamine production amongst other things. So these people have low moods , etc. It was interesting. You have to be tested by saliva. It is expensive. I haven't done it. Just thinking about it. If the 20 mg doesn'tstart doin something I may either quit or go up. Going up Ill have same side effects. So i hope you figure out whats goin on. God bless fr USA

• Posted

I haven't had magnesium and calcium checked as far as I know. I'm not sure what they checked for in my blood but all they told me was that I was dehydrated. I asked about thyroid and they said it was normal but I was close to being hyperthyroid. I had a saliva test done but it was to see what meds would work best for me.

• Posted

Brandon I think I know what you're feeling and it's horrible. So sorry you are feeling this way. I often feel like the "barrier between real life and me" when my anxiety is very high. Keep trying for answers and I wish you the best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.