Graves

Posted , 3 users are following.

As im looking for hope I'm not succeeding. Has any one of u ever fought the graves and became graves free?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My Mother has it and went into remission years ago, but then came out and her doctor told she would never go back into remission..... He was wrong she is in remission again and has been for a few years. She hasn't taken medication for a while.
    • Posted

Wonderful. I'm so glad to hear that. So remission is when it goes away? Right? Sorry I'm new to this
    • Posted

No worries I'm new also.....I look at remission as it being normal levels without taking medication to control the thyroid.
    • Posted

Oh ok .. Im just trying to learn andbtalk with people going through the same thing im going through. Whats your opinion on an internal medicine doctor?
  • Posted

Remission is when your thyroid tests are all within the normal range and your antibodies have dropped to the normal range or disappeared altogether.  Some people will quickly normalize their thyroid tests but their antibodies are still present. If you stop medication before the antibodies are gone, you will definitely have a relapse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.