Graves eye diease

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am curious to know someone's experience with prednisolone , does it help the swelling, puffiness etc also if my thyroid is now at a normal level why I'd my face so puffy. Is this a side effect of carbimazole or just my thyroid

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

My next appointment is in 2 weeks my last one was 8 weeks ago, I hope to discuss with focus possibility of steroid treatment for my eyes, I have discussed the puffiness before when my thyroid had went very under and he said your face can go puffy when very under or very over but that makes no sense as I have never been very over to begin. I actually think all these problems only began when doctors over dosed me on carbimazole, if my thyroid is so normal why on earth wont the symptoms subside a puffy face is not me feeling well
    • Posted

Joleen

please google thyroid eye and carbimazole.

It sounds as though you have a thyroid eye. If that is the case you need an urgent eye examination .

Have you got aheadache or any visual problems such as blurred or odunle vision. Pls google thyroid ye and dry eyes. Prednisolone is not to be played around with.

• Posted

So swelled up when I was taking propanol it does cause water retention same a prednisole it causes water retention..And I blew up like a balloon. Thankfully Im off it.. Now on Methimazole, carbimazole....any zole at the end theyre the same...  I have Grave's disease very high level so they over medicated me and I started getting itchy when overdose...
  • Posted

I know how you feel. I've taken a homepathic remedy which helped my puffy, watery eyes no end.  Don't take prednisolone, it's a steroid and could make it worse in the long run.
  • Posted

But does the steroid not help the inflammation that is pushing the eye forward, I take every single supplement advised to no avail, one side of my face looks like it's fallen as my eye is in a starry position

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.